Monday, October 25, 2010

After opening another show.

Things have been busy this past week, yet I feel as if there's not much to blog lately. But of course, I have to say that Wedding Singer the Musical has officially opened at the Meralco Theater this weekend, and yes, that was what's keeping me occupied this past week.

I figured things would be pretty easy considering 9 Works made changes with the front-of-house and ushering after a few little disasters in Rent early this year. I have to say that I'm glad that they finally got regular ushers, most of which are graduates from their first summer workshop. They're pretty eager, and at least I've worked with some of them before. Everyone has their own quirks, and this group has no exception.

One thing that I'm still not used to is not getting that much sleep. When I got home last Friday night after the preview show, I just lay down on my bed and didn't sleep, because if I did, I would oversleep and won't wake up in time for work in the early morning. So by the time I was on the floor at 6am, I was running on 2 cups of coffee and no sleep, but at least I was quite perky during my calls, ahahaha. Thank goodness I wasn't bouncing off the walls, though.

To be honest, I'm still getting used to how their company works, as I'm used to a particular system. It's not really negative really, but one comment that I can't but say is that they really should have designated more people to particular things, considering some of the people in charge of particular departments are also part of the cast.

Mika and Dante watched the show yesterday. Patton couldn't make it because he was busy with work. But it was pretty amusing for each of us to discover how small the world is. I only knew Mika from Patton, but she's from Ballet Philippines, which means I could have seen her a lot but never really knew who she was. It's nice to see one more familiar face whenever we pass by each other in the CCP artists entrance or in the buffeteria. Then when I passed by them in the audience area during intermission, she tried to introduce me to Dante. Hahaha, she didn't know that we already knew each other from CSB, back when I used to call him "Sir Dante." It wasn't until just recently that he told me to stop calling him "sir," hahaha.

The interesting thing about how Dante and I knew each other was that he suggested that I write for the weekly school publication back then. But even though I love writing, I wasn't really confident writing for any publication back then (even though I was once a student correspondent for a magazine during that same time).

To be honest, I actually want to try writing regularly, but I guess just blogging here is just fine for now.

Some people would say I'm not that busy at all considering I'm just juggling a couple of part-time jobs. Well, I'm also prepping up for the entire next year. I'm still figuring things out how things will turn out this December, then we'll see how it goes from there. But of course, it does help to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment