Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Quotables, going primary, setting up blind dates (?) and others.

It seems that I only update my blog weekly now. I don't get to update as often as I used to. I actually miss that. But I guess my excuse wouldn't be because I don't have the time. Mostly it's because there are some thoughts that have been bugging me, and there are other thoughts that I'm dying to push away instead of blogging it away in here.

I've come across some quotable quotes that I'd like to share. It's so funny how I just hear them at a certain particular time that I need to hear them.

"Sanayan lang yan. Ano mang bagay ay nagiging karaniwan. At anumang karaniwang bagay ay madaling malimutan ng isip na nais kumalimot." - Reformist soldier (Alimuom)

"Mas mabuti nang nangyari ang lahat kahit sandali lang, kaysa hindi yun nangyari kailanman." - Rony's quote translated into Filipino ("Amazing how fast an idea turns into a rehearsal, turns into a show, and turns into a memory.")

Uhm, yeah, Rony, for some reason, the Filipino version sounds better, hahaha.

I got to watch Alimuom last week as it was part of the Philippine Monodrama Festival, and CSB was the host, as it was performed in the SDA Black Box theater. When I watched the show, it was also Tad's birthday the next day, so I got to give him his "surprise" birthday gift (ahahaha, thanks Riki, for spoiling part of the surprise). It's nice to know how much he appreciated that gift. And one thing I enjoyed about thinking and coming up with his birthday gift was that I got to learn a little more about him through the birthday messages from his friends. And that's what made me appreciate him more now as a friend. Here's to more Starbucks to both of us, Tad, ahahaha. Don't forget to bring your new tumbler.

Argh, just when I decided to have some vocal rest, my cough suddenly returns. It's annoying. So now I'm stuck at home, silent, but occasionally barking because of the random cough. Thank goodness I don't have to take calls at work tomorrow. Nadine had talked to me during coaching last Saturday, and she told me that she has put me on her roster of would-be primary agents. They're briefing us tomorrow on one of the top projects. Nyahahay. Me, a primary agent? I don't think I'm ready for it, even though Nadine had asked me that, and I just gave a little shrug.

A close friend and I were chatting and texting yesterday, and we were talking about setting each other up with other people, just so we can go out and have fun. OK, I haven't been this cryptic since... well, maybe 2006, but I was dying to ask him something. Because we haven't found any blind dates for each other yet, maybe I could ask him if we could try out one date together? Argh. The iffy part about all this is that we're both so close that it would be so awkward, but the thing is, I remember liking him a lot several years ago. Dilemma? I'm not sure. Oh well.

4 comments: