Monday, November 22, 2010

Mini-reunion with some track and field friends.

I'm back.

I still miss seriously blogging, but it seems I don't have the drive to do so lately, even though I really want to blog about them, and I'm almost always in front of my laptop when I'm at home. What's wrong with me?

Anyway, so what's been up lately?

Two Saturdays ago, I went to Dave's house for a rare reunion of the high school track and field team. Well, it wasn't really a big event. It's basically just a get together of the usual crowd that we used to hang out with when I was in the track and field varsity, mostly during my junior year of high school. A bunch of people decided they want to get together, and I only heard about it from Karlo. They even sent messages back and forth in Facebook about the reunion.

So anyway, I haven't seen most of these people in several years, so heck, I'll go. Considering I only live a few blocks away from Karlo, I coordinated with him about hitching a ride to Dave's house, even though I would be coming all the way from Meralco to Alabang. It took me a while to get picked up, because apparently there were lots of dead spots in Dave's house where you can't get any cellphone reception. Once Dave had picked me up and we had arrived at his house, I found out that it was only him, Karlo and me so far.

Then sometime after I managed to grab some food, people started trickling in between several gaps. There was Diane, Andrea, Barry, Aris with Karla, Ben with Jeng, then Seph and Josh.

I have to say, I'm just glad to see these people again. I haven't seen the Funky Bunch in several years. And even though I see Drea in Makati occasionally, we don't really get to chat as we just pass by each other and say hi. As for Diane, this is the first time I've seen her again after high school.

Before Drea had arrived, Karlo, Diane, Dave and I were already chatting, updating here and there. When Drea had arrived, I was amused at how she found out that I had somehow pursued the road to theater. It was like she had no idea, even though she knew I had participated in school plays as a hobby. Maybe that was how people saw it back then, as a hobby. I was still sort of clammed up back in high school, even though I was pretty loud when I was with my close friends. Suddenly I imagined how my other batchmates would've reacted had I gone to our 10-year high school reunion.

But to be brutally honest, I have no regrets about not going to last year's high school reunion. I mean, why bother when you already see the batchmates/people you want to see?

Anyway, it was great seeing these guys, even though there were only just a few of us. There must be another one considering the rest didn't get to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment