Friday, November 12, 2010

I really seem to just update this blog once every week.

I love spontaneous meet-ups with friends. When I got off work this past Wednesday morning, I got a random text from Lara, who told me that the movie Salt was playing on the bus TV that she was on. Of course, knowing that she always budgets her time from staying in at home to work, I asked her where she was off to. As it turned out, she was going all the way up north to The Real Thing Diner (which just opened), plus a couple of other things, as she was meeting Noelle for a fitting of her bridesmaid dress, then meeting up with Nina concerning an event they were doing together.

I ended up hanging out with Lara the entire afternoon until evening, hahaha.

I met up with Lara at the Quezon Avenue MRT station, then we headed to Il Terrazo, where The Real Thing Diner was. The place was quite empty, and the sign up front said "soft opening". So this was Noelle and KV's diner that Lara was talking about. Noelle emerged from the kitchen once she found out that Lara and I were there. I have to say, this was the first time I ever got to hang out with Noelle. The first time I met her was at last year's Make Believe showcase, but it was a pretty brief meeting. She was also at this past summer's showcase, but she had to leave right away, so I never even got to say hi. At least there in the diner, it was just the 3 of us, aside from the random customers that dart in and out while we were there. Even though Noelle was quite busy, coming in and out of the kitchen, attending to some stuff, she managed to join us every once in a while. Anyway, Lara and I ordered the Taco Burger, plus a side of Chicken Tenders and potato wedges, and they were pretty yummy. I loved how the taste of taco was actually inside the very thick burger patty. And the chicken tenders came with a barbecue sauce infused with Coca-cola. Yummm...

So anyway, come check out The Real Thing Diner, especially if you're a fan of Coca-cola products. It's located at the 2nd floor of Il Terrazo along Tomas Morato. =)

The rain started pouring like crazy while we were there, plus Noelle had to be there during their diner's staff meeting, so we were sort of late for Lara's fitting. But at least we managed to get there. I love the shade of blue of Lara's dress. And the design was simple yet elegant. Nice.

Because Lara and I were still meeting Nina at Glorietta, we rode with Noelle to SM North Edsa so it would be easier to take the MRT from there, as rush hour was fast appproaching. We walked with her inside the mall for a while then bid our goodbyes, then Lara and I walked to the MRT.

We met with Nina at Starbucks, where we just hung out, chitchatted and had lots of laughs. We finished off the pastries Lara brought that was made by her sister, and I love all three samples. Plus it complemented the Strawberries and Cream Frappuccinos that Lara treated us to, hehehe.

Headed off to Landmark to shop for Lara's outfit for the event they're doing. The theme was French Botanical, and I was amused at how Nina easily managed to find certain things for Lara to try out. I swear, the next time I go clothes shopping, I'm getting Nina to come with me, hahaha. All of us ended up buying something, as there are some stuff there that was too tempting that we couldn't resist not buying it. Yes, the Landmark can be a place of sin because I end up buying something whenever I'm there, hahaha.

While Lara and Nina still wanted to stay and let the traffic and rain subside, I had to bid my goodbyes because I needed to get home as early I as I could, as I still had work in the morning. But the entire day was such a blast. These spur-of-the-moment things are pretty fun if you're with good company.


I got to catch TP's preview of Dugtong-Dugtong na Sumbong at the Little Theater late Thursday afternoon. That was when I found out from Gino that script analysis class would be canceled the next day, as well as the few weeks to come to make way for rehearsals for their recital of Anatomiya ng Korupsyon. As it turned out, the production had to be pushed to overdrive because a school bought shows to the recital. Aw, too bad. I mean, it's good that even their recital will have a guaranteed audience, but I look forward to those classes. Anyway, Dugtong-Dugtong na Sumbong is a children's play adapted from the folktale Ang Hukuman ni Sinukuan. Consisting of 4 actors playing different characters and animals that sometimes interact with the audience, it was pretty amusing to watch, as each actor also had to play musical instruments all throughout the play.


Just a few random thoughts. What's with the deleted comment? It's just a simple comment. Or feel mo lang mag-delete ng comment and mag-untag ng photo dahil tinutukso ka nanaman? Sensitive much? Oh well. Sige, choice mo yan eh.

There's a reason why I choose to do or to not do certain things. That's why they're called choices.

(Hey, that last one could be a status message on Facebook, ahehe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment