Monday, November 22, 2010

In other news...

Aside from the significant reunion with some old friends from high school track, there's not much to update, really.

By the way, Wedding Singer had finally closed a couple of Sundays ago, and I have to say, it was a pretty okay experience, especially because I had to handle a brand new batch of eager ushers, aside from a handful of people who already knew the ropes during Rent. I guess that's what you get when you put together a big group of workshop graduates who are willing to perform in front of any willing (or unwilling) audience, ahahaha. But one thing I have to say, please don't wield your flashlights around too much inside the house. It kind of bugs some of the audience.

I got to catch the preview show of Magsimula Ka at the Music Museum last Thursday. Knowing that the venue was in the middle of the Greenhills Shopping Center, I just had to resist not buying anything when I arrived there early. But when I got bored and met up with Peachy at the bazaar up front, I ended up buying something. Well, it was another pocket watch that had an Audrey Hepburn cover, but it was still a purchase, ahahaha.

Anyway, the show was pretty alright. There were lines that were somewhat sounded cheesy, but maybe that was just me. The cast was pretty good in terms of performance, and it was great seeing Myke onstage again. I have to commend Jerald for stealing the show for his performance as Jograd, though. It was never boring whenever he was onstage. But I guess I have to say that the play was pretty predictable and totally 80s in every sense, if you know what I mean, ahehehe.

I heard some interesting news last week about certain issues of this particular group. I can't really be too detailed about this, but one thing I have to say is that it could be possible that it was already happening right under my nose some years ago. Tough. So now things have to be fixed and settled differently, and even though I'm somewhat relieved of certain duties, I have to say that I'm glad that things are sort of getting better for this group, in a way.

I miss going to script analysis class ever since the TP Actors Company's rehearsals of Anatomiya ng Korupsyon was put into overdrive. It's one of the highlights of every week because there at least one creative outlet for me.

In other cryptic news, I hate to admit this, but there are still some things that I'm not ready for. There are some things I'm not prepared to see, some things that I'm not yet prepared to do. I'm afraid for the time that these things will just  jump up and hit me in the face.

So how about you guys? How're you doing? Does anyone still read this thing? Hahaha.

2 comments: