Monday, October 4, 2010

Pseudo-annual reunion with Nikki and Nicco.

I remember that it always takes too much effort to get together with some friends, and with some, it's as easy as sending one simple text message and you're hanging out together within minutes.

But hanging out with Nikki and Nicco is quite the rare occasion.

I love hanging out with Nikki. On random days, she would just text and we'd be seeing each other in ATC or somewhere in Makati in about an hour. With Nicco, it's quite the opposite, because convenience (venue, time, and whatever else you can think of) is one of his very many factors to consider.

Thank goodness for this previous Saturday. I got a text from Nikki while I was still at work, inviting me to hang out with her in ATC. Instead I suggested hanging out at CCP, in hopes that we could watch Nicco in American Hwangap, and maybe hang out with him in between shows. Thankfully, she agreed, but as for Nicco, it turned out that they can't let anyone in because a show buyer bought the afternoon show.

I headed to CCP after work, and killed time bugging Gino, Tad and Marco while they rehearsed for a scene that they're working on for Mailes' class. Nikki had arrived when they were just wrapping up. We decided to have a late lunch at Harbour Square, and ended up at Yellow Cab. We ordered the Dear Darla pizza plus got an order of pasta along with it. My goodness, I realized that I could actually finish one 10-inch pizza by myself, if we didn't order any pasta, ahahaha.

Updates here and there while we consumed our pizza and pasta, and crazy bonding moments as well. Hahaha, I swear, some of the craziest things and topics always come up whenever I'm with Nix. It goes to show how open we are to each other. Anyway, after those long talks, we decided to hang out at the LT lobby until the afternoon show of Hwangap ends. More talks, and as usual, Nikki rummaged through my bag, which was a crazy habit that she does ever since we became friends.

When the audience filed out, it was disappointing to see that very few people watched the play, considering it was a bought show. Sayang talaga. Anyway, once Nicco had emerged from the theater and had some photo ops with some of the audience members, Nikki and I managed to drag him off to Harbour Square, where we ended up debating where to eat and hang out during Nicco's break. We ended up going back to the buffeteria so Nicco can have his free dinner there while we could all talk and bond.

Ah yes, I love the bonding moments we had that late afternoon. It's never a boring conversation whenever I'm together with these two. From the serious to the mundane, and with so many quips to go around, especially quips that were pointedly thrown at Nikki, hahaha!

"Oops, sorry, Nikki! Ikaw kasi eh!"
"Ikaw kasi eh, di mo ako pinapansin dati eh."
"Kung naging kayo na lang kaya?" "Naku, mag-aaway lang kami lagi."

Funny, the last time all three of us were together was over a year ago already. And we still talk as if not that much time had passed, no matter how much stories we each had to tell. We may have grown a lot throughout these years that we've known each other, but we'll never outgrow or grow tired of each other. Oh, Nikki and Nicco, I just love you both.


Photo taken from last year, at Rai-Rai Ken Harbour Square during the annual Virgin Labfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment