Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Here goes another week of this.

I was supposed to be back working in the office yesterday. That didn't really happen.

I was already set to go to work, unfortunately, I couldn't sleep the night before. I don't know whether it was in the tea I drank the day before or the cheesecake, but I couldn't sleep. I ended up just surfing the net before I had to get ready for work. I just decided to catch up on my sleep after my shift, and maybe catch at least a half hour of sleep in the lounge once I get to the office.

Unfortunately, I was still coughing like crazy when I tried to sleep in the lounge. No sleep at all. Ended up having breakfast with Tin and catching up, then it was time to clock in. It was crazy. One hour of calls, and I was still coughing after every one of them, causing me to pause after every call I had, costing me so much idle time. I was caught pausing before saying anything during my actual calls, as I was being monitored almost the whole time (because I didn't come in to work for quite a long while). I ended up going to the clinic, and I was advised by the doctor to just go home and not work that day, and consult an EENT doctor.

I was told to go to the place where we had our first physical checkup, because the doctor in the clinic had said that there was no EENT available in Patient First that morning. I decided to take a risk and check out Patient First. If there's no EENT, I'll either just wait until the afternoon, maybe doze off in the lounge for a while, or ask for a schedule of doctors, before I head on over to Makati Med.

Fortunately, I found out in Patient First that an EENT was coming in by mid-morning. So I just sat there in the waiting area until the doctor arrived.

During the first part of the consultation, the doctor was taking out some stuff from his bag, and I noticed this apparatus nearest to me on the table, and attached to a tube was this sort of appendage with a light. I had no idea what it was for, but I found out real soon. After the initial consultation, and checking the back of my tongue, the doctor wanted to check my throat to see what was wrong, why my voice was still hoarse and why I still had this darn cough. He sprayed some lidocaine on my tongue, causing it to numb, then stuck that long apparatus with the light thing down my throat and asked me to say the letter E. It felt pretty weird having a numb tongue and having that thing down my throat. Ew.

So anyway, I was given more medication, and one more week of vocal rest. Darn it, I won't be earning anything again in the office for another week. Oh no. And I have 2 shows this weekend. Hopefully I'll rest well while I'm not working, and minimal talking during the shows.

But so far, after a day of medication, I feel much better. Can't wait until this one week sentence is over.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! =) Buti na lang nga I'm not coughing like crazy anymore. May show pa man din kami tomorrow night and the 2nd play is super quiet! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete