Monday, February 20, 2012

Children's Letters to God in Cebu, and the rest of the weekend.

I'm back from Cebu. The weekend really flew by. Yup, cliche, but time really does fly when you're having fun. And I had a blast.

So early on Friday morning, we all headed to breakfast in the hotel. The cast sat at one table and threw lines, while I sat with Bart, Dingdong, Acey and John at the table next to them. Went downstairs to meet up with Hendri in the lobby and took a couple of cabs to CICC. Did a bit more of setting up, putting props backstage in their respective places, testing the lights, the sounds and the projector, and by the time the actors had their costumes, makeup and lapels on, we only had time for adjustments instead of an actual dress tech rehearsal. So our first show ended up being our DTR, hahaha.

Despite the hecklers in the young audience, the show went pretty well. There was a teeny bit of technical issues during that first show, but that was because we didn't get to have a DTR in the first place. Discussed about it during company call after the show, and Bart even shared certain experiences when we talked about the hecklers. But of course, you can't really avoid people like that.

Anyway, the next 2 shows also went pretty well, and I actually loved the 2nd show the best. It was the most receptive audience, who reacted at all the right moments. They would squeal and get all giddy about the crush issues, and Kicker's charm was a hit among everyone.

There was lechon during lunch, but we didn't really have that much time to relish it because the next show would start in about half an hour. Anyway, all in all, the day was a blast. The only downside of it all was that Bianca's phone got stolen during our second show.

When all 3 shows were finished, I had to face my least favorite part of any production--the strike. Hahaha, It wasn't that hard for this prod, really. We only had to put all the props away in boxes, and the costumes in one bin to be laundered. After everything was put away, we all headed back to the hotel to clean up and take showers before dinner.

We all had dinner at east,west, Hendri's restaurant in IT Park. I was starving, so I ordered a full order of the porkchops, plus the highly-recommended mango-strawberry slushie. Oh yum. Nothing but great filling food after a long day's work. And yes, by the time I had finished my food, it was still pretty early in the evening and we were all still having fun talking and joking around, so Ikey and I ended up ordering lots more to munch on (and a bit of alcohol for me), as Nar, Nicco, Jill and Bianca were still waiting for their own orders.

We were supposed to go to the spa later that evening after dinner, but because they couldn't accommodate all of us that late, we decided to just go the next day. After dropping by Krispy Kreme and briefly checking out the tiangge stalls, we headed back to the hotel to rest.

Woke up way early on Sunday morning, as Hendri was taking some of us to Oslob to see the whale sharks. Unfortunately, not all of us were going. Jill, Bianca, Bart and John had to fly back to Manila that very morning, and Dingdong just wanted to sleep in because he had a lot of work waiting for him once we fly back home. So it was only Nicco, Nar, Acey, Ikey and me that went with Hendri at 4 in the morning. Thank goodness I woke up just in time, because by the time I had gotten out of the shower, Hendri called our room and told me to come down to the lobby already. It was a 3-hour drive from Cebu City, and most of us spent it sleeping, while Ikey kept Hendri company while driving. Woke up when the pickup made a really hard turn, and when I opened my eyes, there it was--the water where we will get to see the butandings.

I'm not really a swimmer, so I'm not a big fan of the water, even if it's saltwater that will help me float. But of course, I still wanted to see the whale sharks, so I just had to go. Anyway, there we were, and after getting flippers and goggles for some, plus our life vests, we headed to our boat. Within a few minutes, we were out in the water, and caught glimpses of the fins of a whale shark swimming around us. Everyone dove in except for me, as Nicco and I decided to share his pair of goggles. When it was my turn, I just wanted to take a dip in the water, just for the experience, hahaha. I let the boys have their fun. I felt something tough my foot while I was in the water, and Nicco had said that the whale shark actually passed underneath me. Huwaw.

Nicco was starting to feel sick due to motion sickness, so we headed back to the shore. Once he emerged from the bathroom, we piled back in the pickup, with the boys in the back so they can dry off while I kept Hendri company inside (as I managed to change discreetly while they were still chatting). Had breakfast in a nearby carinderia, then it was time for another long drive back to the city. We had a little stopover in Carcar so Hendri can buy something that Jill had requested.

Back to the hotel so we can wash off the saltwater. Apparently Dingdong had slept off the entire morning, so I had to call him so he can open the door for me, hahaha. There was still an hour to spare before we were to be picked up by Hendri, so Dingdong and I had time to get our free "breakfast"/brunch in the lobby (which was packed and was waiting for us so we can still eat it), and we even managed to catch a few minutes of sleep before checking out.

Hendri then picked us up right on time, and we finally headed to Body and Sole for our complimentary full-body massages and foot spas, because the spa was a sponsor. When we got there, we still had to wait for half an hour so they can accommodate us, so we walked to the nearby Robinson's Place mall to kill time.

I was so relieved that we got to have those foot spas, and super glad to get a full-body massage. Lugging my huge laptop to and from rehearsal wasn't a joke, so thank goodness those annoying knots are gone. I was so relaxed that I fell asleep during the massage, hahaha.

We went to the Ayala Center to meet up with Hendri. Nicco and Acey immediately went to Timezone to play, while Ikey, Dingdong, Nar and I settled in Starbucks to wait for Hendri. Once he arrived, we all headed to Sunburst for early dinner. Oh my gosh, their chicken skin is so yummy and sinful. Anyway, after dinner, we walked around the mall to digest our food, before we decided to chill at Hendri's house for a while before we had to check in at the airport.

Once we reached Hendri's place, I almost immediately called dibs on the bed in the bedroom where Hendri let his guests sleep in. The rest of the guys immediately settled as well, while Hendri did a little show and tell with all the stuff, and some of us ended up poring over some of things that we wanted to borrow books, piano scores and CDs, and we even got some freebies (caps for the guys, and a T-shirt for me).

Finally, airport time. I was so glad that our flight was somewhat on time this time, considering it was the last flight of the day, and it was raining in Manila.

All in all, I had such a blast during this entire trip, plus it was my first provincial show tour. I'm so glad to work with awesome people that I love. Will be flying to Dumaguete for our 2nd leg of Children's Letters to God this Thursday. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment