Thursday, June 12, 2008

Re-visiting Avenue Q.

Since Saturday, I've been getting calls from certain food sponsors that Atlantis had gotten for Avenue Q's farewell run. I told them that my mobile number is no longer affiliated with the company, and I kept having to forward the Atlantis mobile number to them several times because they still kept on calling.

Lawyn had joked that it's me that they still want to talk to, as I had been the designated contact person for most of our sponsors (specially food sponsors). I took this as a sign that I need to pay Atlantis a visit, as I haven't even given any of them a ring or a text or whatever since January. (Eep. Sorry guys.) So I dropped by late yesterday morning and surprised them. Yep, the whole gang was there, Ate Sally, Lawyn and Kuya Boni. Hahaha, after some major chitchat, they put me to work, slipping the new Avenue Q shirts into plastic bags. I didn't really mind. I missed bagging all those darn shirts, hahaha. As a treat, we patronized the current sponsors by having Yoshinoya and Brooklyn pizza for lunch. Yay! And a late dessert from Krispy Kreme.

The last time I paid the office a visit, the place was a mess, as the entire room was being repainted and all the stuff in the back were to be brought to a new warehouse. Now the dingy white walls were painted a nice yellow, the big old table we stocked in the back was brought out and is in the middle of the room, and all the other office tables were pushed along the walls. New office chairs, a new computer, and (finally) DSL connection. Old posters have finally been framed and hung on the walls, even in the bathroom (make a guess what show that was).

After lunch, more people started coming in. Claire and Steph (who work for Cinderella) found their respective places, and Mae and Gen also came to help out with the shirts. I haven't seen the office so full since the King and I dancers' briefing with Ms. Liza, hahaha!

By 5 in the afternoon, Lawyn, Mae, Claire and I left for RCBC for Avenue Q DTR. Went up to the auditorium first to leave a couple of cakes backstage in the production room (as it was Jojo's birthday), then we went down to Starbucks to kill some time. I found out that Chynna is also part of the production, taking Karen's place as ASM for sounds. It felt weird not seeing Chynna as the SM in charge. Perky took Lambert's place as SM.

There were a couple of new faces in the cast for the farewell run. Carla Guevara took Rachel's place as Kate Monster and Lucy the Slut. Thea, Ric's wife, now takes over Teenee as Mrs. Thistletwat and "others," hahaha.

I love Carla's interpretation of Kate and Lucy. Not that I didn't enjoy watching Rachel before. I just liked that Carla made it different than the ones I've seen. I've noticed a few slight changes as well, but the difference worked wonders.

I missed the cast, the production and creative team. The ushers. All the familiar faces. Even just sitting in the lobby. But no regrets really. I'm happy where I am. I can always go back anyway. If that's what I really want to do. But I do believe that there is something else for me.

Visiting Atlantis and Avenue Q was a time well spent.

30 comments:

  1. Will watch it with betsy on the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, kasi naman, ako lang talaga ang tagakuha ng food sponsors for the show since I started working there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pwede pa kaya ako mag-usher? Ahahaha. :o What are the new shirts?? xD

    This entry made me hungry. :9

    ReplyDelete
  4. =) I still have you registered in my cellphone as Atlantis Hogi. =)

    I'm also looking forward to seeing Carla strut the stage as Kate Monster / Lucy the Slut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, you could ask. You're one of the ushers who are most familiar with it naman eh. =)
    Oh my, there are lots of new shirts. More colors and tag lines for this run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, really?
    You'll enjoy this run as much as the runs last year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great to hear that you guys are doing a repeat! I hope my friends who didn't get to watch the first time around go out and catch it real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope so too! Otherwise they'll just have to catch it in Singapore, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was invited to this but i didnt go....oh well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, sayang... Pero watch it pa rin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AY, im watching this the second time na, can I volunteer as an usher or something? heheh. Im watching Jun 14 2 pm with friends and todo promote ako ha..:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo, keep watching, hahaha!
    They already have ushers na under Ateneo BlueRep, and they're under the fron-of-house na. =S

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw..just like last DECEMBER..HMmmm, i bet ill see my sistah's friends there, blue rep din sis ko...:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Probably watching on the 21st. xD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, suki na ang BlueRep sa Atlantis eh, so yeah, most likely andun friends ng sister mo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! napaisip tuloy ako kung anong poster ang nasa cr. ;) heheh! :)

    when ang show ng avenue q? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Opening na tomorrow night, til next Sunday. =) Hahaha, nagtatanong nga sakin si Bong ng tix, pero wala talaga akong powers eh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ... caught the show tonight... loved it!!!!

    Felix and Carla were a delight to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. for those looking for tickets this weekend...there are still plenty of choice seats left for the below-listed shows. For a great last minute date / gift for Father's Day, stroll on over to RCBC and experience what the fuzz is about:
    Friday (June 13): 8pm (Patrick)
    Sat (June 14): 2pm (Lorna), 8pm (Patrick)
    Sun (June 15): 8pm

    Don't be on the receiving end of someone else's Schadenfraude. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, thanks for posting your info, Joelle!
    I miss all you blockbuyers, hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to spread the word.

    It's shaping up to be a great year for theater. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahah!! :) o cge!! wa2tch ako!! :) weeeee! :) sana may tickets pa! :) salamat ng marames! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hogi I'm watching on Sunday! Hehe wala lang :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Getting dragged by Tuxqs' fangirls because he mentioned he's watching on that day! xD

    ReplyDelete