Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rain = day off.

It's been raining nonstop all morning. It's only an hour before noon but it's as dark as it should be when the sun had just set. Darn this rain. There was also a power failure this morning, and my cellphone's signal keeps fluctuating. Rawr.

Thank goodness I had charged my phone the night before and I had still had signal when Ed had called me to say that all Labfest DTRs and other rehearsals have been canceled today due to the weather. Yay. I don't think I'm up to rehearsing in the freezing cold Batute after enduring such crappy weather. I don't want to go through a relapse.

Last Friday, I still wasn't feeling well, but I still went to class. I had a cold during my first class and found myself almost dozing through another film viewing. By my second class, I already had a slight fever and almost fell asleep in the middle of the discussion. By the time the prof had called for a break, I took some medicine, then took a look at the notes I had taken and I could barely understand everything that I wrote, hahahaha!

By the time I arrived at CCP for rehearsal, I was sort of feeling better. Thanks to Opa for giving me a hand bringing my props and refreshments to Silangan Hall. I sort of spaced-out during rehearsal, but we managed to do 2 run-throughs.

No class yesterday afternoon, but we were required to check out that Pepe Goes to Market at the Fort. But of course, I had rehearsal first. I have to admit, these past rehearsals are getting better already. I was already prepping up for the DTR and can't wait for the show to open.

Rosa and Aris also joined me at Market Market, after they had seen yesterday's matinee show of Avenue Q. After quite a while of sitting around, we were getting hungry. So we quickly left, partly because of our annoyance of a bunch of kids behind us, and headed for Yellow Cab. Hahaha, Rosa just had to say out loud, "I think I'll forever be childless."

Headed for the department store so Rosa can finally purchase that shampoo she's been searching for. When she finally found it, we suddenly bored over the entire kikay section of the store, having realized it was a haven of cheap thrills, with Aris simply just trailing behind us, hahaha.

I have to admit, I love weather like this. But only if I get to stay indoors and just veg out in front of the computer or TV, or just lie in bed with a good book. Funny, but I suddenly remember the good times I had a couple of years ago during that awful storm with no electricity for a few days. I spent afternoons on the landline (because there was hardly any cellphone signal, and my battery was already drained), and evenings reading books by candlelight. Hahaha.

Oh yeah, I learned something new yesterday. Since Rosa had learned German since her stay in Switzerland last year, she tried to explain to Aris the literal meaning of "schadenfreude" when they first heard it in Avenue Q yesterday.

schade = waste
freude = delight

Hmmm... so delight in such a waste? Waste of delight? Hahahaha. Rosa, help! I guess I got used to "happiness at the misfortune of others."

9 comments:

  1. paminsan naeenjoy ko ang ganitong weather plus walang kuryente. feeling ko kasi nagbobonding ang family pag ganon. hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, di uso ang bonding sa pamilya namin eh. May sari-sarili pa rin kaming mundo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that creativity really comes out in the absence of electricity.. the violin and guitar get brought out, books come in real handy, there's playing dress-up, setting up musicals, writing songs, and all the crazy things people could surprisingly do :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, yeah. It's funny how resourceful bored people can be when there's no electricity. =))

    ReplyDelete
  5. hala.. lagare ka. :) pahinga ka muna ngayon habang bagyo. :) heheh! :) get well. :)

    ReplyDelete