Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hair vanity.

How do you get rid of styling wax? Hair wax has got to be the vilest product ever to be applied on hair. Hahaha. I'm overreacting. But yeah, I hate it. After a pictorial last night, I had to shampoo my hair 6 times just to take out all the product. And my hair still isn't back to normal.

I swear, if I ever see that someone plans to put styling wax on my hair again, I will hunt down the damn thing and chuck it out the nearest window.

Yes, I'm very particular about what goes in my hair, but I had no clue about using styling wax. Sorry po, wash and wear lang ang buhok ko, and it can hardly carry a curl. That's why stylists can get vicious if they really want to pull something off, and cement my hair with mousse, hair spray, and the toughest hair gels they can get their hands on. I remember having to sleep in curlers overnight before one show, and having my hair curled 4 times during another.

Speaking of hairstyling, I find it funny for most people wanting their hair to be straight. A lot have had their hair relaxed and rebonded, and purchased all those shampoos that claim to straighten hair. As for myself, I've always wanted my hair curly, but after going through 3 perms as a kid, bagsak pa rin ang buhok ko.

Another note on vanity. Why do people want to be white? Feeling ba nila, pag maputi na sila, maganda na sila? No offense ha. But does beauty have to be that shallow? There are other ways to be beautiful. I actually found that billboard of Jinky Oda for that whitening thing very disturbing. People, be proud naman of your skin color. It's part of who you are. Unless, of course, you want to be someone else. Baka sawa na rin kayo sa pagiging Pinoy niyo, nyahahay. I hope not.

12 comments:

  1. omygosh.. ako.. naiirita ako dahil kapag winter dito, sobra akong maputi.. like pale. i hate hate being maputi!!! as in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apir! Hahaha, dami kayang taong di makuntento sa kulay. They all want to be maputi. Pangit kaya ang pale, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What my boyfriend does is he puts shampoo first before wetting his hair. Try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a warm or hot hair wash/shower gets rid off the hair wax. its cause of the heat. similar to sebo when washing plastic or tupperware, its easier to get it out by pouring hot water. anyway, anytime i wax my hair and i want it to go back to normal, i use hot water... then shampoo tapos conditioner na separate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pareho tayo. Mahirap ikulot ang hairlalou ko. My only concern about my friggin hair is it's dryness. Badtrip! Hahaha!

    And nakakabother nga yung mga pagpapaputi na yan. lalo na nung napanood ko to.



    I love Lourd! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. masaya kaya ang styling wax. i like the products of bench fix. yung parang vaseline yung consistency niya, not the cement-looking kind. pero maganda lang ang styling wax if you have short chunky hair. hassle siya ng bongga for long hair.

    sabi ng gay friend ko, use a clarifying shampoo if you want to get rid of products on your hair.

    and yes, na-disturb din ako kay JINKY ODA. hahaha. naiinis ako sa mga tao na gustong gusto/desperado magpaputi. lalo na kung di naman bagay sa kanila.ugh.

    being beautiful is about loving who you are --and not about seeking acceptance for being someone you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. Will keep that in mind. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo nga no. I stopped using hot water na since the weather got warmer na. Crazy wax, hahaha. =) Thanks, Andrei!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHAHA! Wagi ang video na yan, mare! Perpek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, ako di ako nasiyahan sa styling wax. And sakto, Bench Fix nga ang ginamit sakin, in generous amounts, nyahahay. Naloka ako.

    Kainis diba? Desperado talaga yung mga ganun. May napanood ako dati sa TV (Jessica Soho yata yun) about yung mga pampaputi na yan. May isa pang girl na pinakita dun na feeling niya ang panget niya bago siya nagpaputi. At nung pumuti na siya, nag-model-modelan, nyahahay. She started loving her looks nung pumuti siya. Eh ano naman ang mga black beauty? Panget ba sila sa pananaw ng mga taong katulad niya?

    ReplyDelete
  11. O diba? Perpek explanation. My gahhhd! WAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete