Saturday, June 13, 2009

9 Works Theatrical and Security Bank at Onstage.

9 Works Theatrical's Songs For A New World had a special show at Onstage Theater this afternoon for Security Bank's anniversary celebration. As usual, I'm on call for ushering services, hahaha.

We had an early call time before the matinee show, because as it had turned out, the company has prepared a program prior to the actual show. My goodness, once the house opened, all of us ushers went crazy because there were so many people who came in with food! They had all assumed that it was all right to bring food into the theater. Arggg. We had already let them bring drinks in, but all those food? Jeez, there were burgers, fries, brownies, and even chicharon and popcorn! Some of them even questioned us about why they weren't allowed to bring in their food. Ano ba yan. This is a theater, not a cinema.

After their program (which was just a series of raffles), there was a short 15-minute break before the actual show. Now we were wondering how many pasaways there would be about using cellphones and taking pictures during the show. Well, there were a whole bunch of pasaways about the cellphones, but at least most of them were already forewarned about taking photos, so that wasn't much of a problem.

Hahaha, I just have to include this. "BottomS of our heart?"

I have to say, this show of Songs was pretty good, despite the lousy lapel mics and the lack of projections. And to think this was the only show that I've watched in full from beginning to end, hahaha!

After the show, there were photo ops in the lobby with the cast. I was there in the lobby as well, as Rolls and I conitnued to sell souvenir programs (as we were selling programs as well during intermission). Weird moment, this one guy came up to me and asked to have a picture taken with me. Huh??!? Uhm, dude, andun sa kanan ko ang mga artista, hahaha! Oh well, I still obliged, hoping that he'd buy a souvenir program after the photo, hahaha.

Off to Pancake House for dinner after the show. Hahaha, up until now, I still have that "Bulilit" song in my head, thanks to Carlos. And Jon-jon's missing S kept us laughing for quite a while. A bunch of the Benders from Robbie and Caisa's class were there as well, as they were surprising one of their fellow workshoppers for his birthday.

An amusing discovery today was that I found out just today that Santi was a Zobel alumnus (and Anna too?). And he only found out today about my familial connection with the school's first principal. Hahaha, he was from the very first Zobel batch that started in Junior Prep. Apparently, it was their batch (during their senior year and I was in 3rd grade) that took the entire high school student body to a La Salle-Ateneo game. Coolness.

After people had quipped that I was forever with Atlantis and TP, Robbie's question to me was, "Bakit hindi ka mag-Rep?" That's I thought. I remember when I was younger that I wanted to work in Rep (probably because it was the only company I knew of because of their Broadway plays, hahaha). When I found Atlantis and TP respectively, I guess I got hooked to them.

Speaking of TP, I really can't wait for Virgin Labfest 5.

8 comments:

  1. popcorn, burger, chips, brownies, fries. name it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA i forgot that you mentioned it na pala, hogz. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Kaloka, talo pa ang Music Museum sa variety ng food that they brought in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my friend who works for security bank even called me past noon to ask if food was allowed and i said no. haaaaaaay! and to think na branch manager yun.

    ReplyDelete