Monday, April 12, 2010

Make Believe Alabang meeting.

I forgot to blog about something else last Friday.

Friday was the day I had to meet with Sean, my co-teacher in Make Believe, to brainstorm. As we were both newbie teachers in the group, I had also invited Lara and Nina to join us. We all met up at Starbucks ATC, and Sean was the only one there when I arrived, as I was running late, and so were Lara and Nina. When Lara arrived, she asked Sean if he had recognized me. Apparently, he had forgotten where he had seen me, even though he had taken several photos of me during that production of Tartuffe, ahahaha. Anyway, by the time we were all complete, we managed to nab a set of couches in the back of the coffee shop.

Talk galore, as Sean and I had a bunch of questions regarding our class and the venue. Well, Sean had more questions than I did, which was good, as I hadn't thought of those myself. Thank goodness for that, so at least we can complement each other. Apparently he's not at all that confident yet about teaching, but I bet he'll do fine. Tag team na lang kami, haha. And Nina will be there to help us out during the first 2 weeks, so it's not like we'll be left all alone. Baptism of fire na yun, hahaha.

Anyway, as we talked about the upcoming class and our first day's lesson plan, Lara and Nina contributed lots of other ideas that they used from the classes the year before. Thank you so much, girls. We appreciate all the help we can get, hahaha. We also did a lot of goofing around, and they just had to make me read my monologue for RPT class out loud, ack. And of course, because Lara was there, camwhoring was also in order.

Lara and Sean had to leave afterwards as they still had other engagements to go to. Nina and I ended up staying and talking a little longer. Ken joined us after a while, and it was pretty cute seeing them together. Ahehe, Nina just had to make me read my monologue again. I also found out that Ken is also a Zobel alumnus like me, and we just had to laugh about a bunch of teachers that we both had.

We got a text from Lesley this morning. Apparently our class' first day was moved from Monday to Wednesday because they need a bit more time to get more students. Oh well, at least we're done with 3 days' worth of lesson plan, as Lesley had asked, and we have more prep time. We can easily figure out the rest after day 1. Even though Sean is still feeling his way around, he did give pretty good suggestions via email. Even though that part about "A-Team" and "Mr. T" was a little bit crazy, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment