Saturday, May 29, 2010

Changing routines, and reconnecting.

When I was blogging my previous entry, I thought that I was done with the busy days. Little did I know that the days were just going to get busier because of the new path that I had just decided to take.

I can't believe I'm going to follow a trend just so I can make a living. But of course, I have to be practical, plus I can't always just wait idly for things to come, right? At syempre, kailangan kong kumain at mabuhay eh, hahaha. And it's not like I'm turning my back completely on the things I love. And as Carms had said, hindi naman talaga mawawala yan kung innate na sa iyo. That's why I chose the part-time route so I can still be open to other opportunities that come my way that's possible to fit into my schedule (like the upcoming production of Legally Blonde the Musical).

I've been doing all things necessary before next week begins, and I remember telling Carms yesterday that in a way, I'm also excited because of this sudden shift to a brand new path in my crazy life.

Speaking of crazy, I'm so grateful for some friends that have been keeping me sane despite these busy days. They've been good company via text messaging while I've been running errands so I would be entertained most of the time. I've been missing real quality time with friends, though. But I'm already contented with any type of communication rather than no communication at all.

A couple of days ago, I spent the evening chatting with a couple of friends from across the globe. I've known Jen since I was in 2nd grade, and ever since she migrated to Canada, we've always made huge efforts to keep in touch. She's studying in London right now, and we chatted for quite a long while during her break, updating each other and talking about quite a big range of topics that would pop in our heads.

On the same night, I also got to chat with Kel, a close friend from YFC-CSB who happened to be my partner as assistant head in our org household. He's studying and working in Reno, where his family had migrated, and we kept in touch constantly through email. He still cracks me up every time, and it's also great to have a friend like him that I can always open up to. And we both realized how much we have matured, simply by judging how our conversations went, plus our lifestyles, no matter how crazy they can be.

Then there's the text exchanges with Carms yesterday when I updated her on how things are with me. Her words of encouragement made me feel more eager than anxious about the days to come. And during the late evening, I was chatting with Tita Amy, and her witty but motherly advices really got to me. To these ladies, thanks for your concern and what you've shared with me.

Despite everything, I know I still have a lot to learn, and I always make an effort to make room to grow. I'm opening a new blank page in my book, but of course I will backtrack in some aspects from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Hogi, what a refreshing post. I can't write here how this helped put some perspective into me now, but I'd like you to know that it did. So, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rico! Wow, it's great that my post somehow inspired someone in some way. Thanks for that too. I'd never thought my blog would have some sort of purpose before, except for my own personal release.

    ReplyDelete