Sunday, May 9, 2010

Make Believe kids and Dogs Day Out.

Lara had requested for me to come in to her Make Believe class so I can rehearse with the kids for their upcoming showcase. She's doing their own adaptation of "The Little Prince" and got me as one of the adult guest performers.

We met up at Jollibee Alabang then we rode a jeep to Merville together. Chatted and ranted during the entire jeepney and trike rides to Montessori, and found JV inside the classroom. They logged in and I did as well, then changed my shirt in anticipation of the dance numbers that Lara had warned me about.

Got introduced to the kids, especially Abby, who I got paired up with in one scene of the showcase. While waiting for the rest of the kids to come in, JV and Abby both showed me the choreography of our dance, then we rehearsed it twice. Hahaha, Abby's so cute, I just had to copy her when she danced. Lara then rehearsed the other dances of the other kids with JV and Mike as they came in before we actually started the class.

All the kids were equally adorable in their own ways, and I had to tell Lara that "all her kids are beautiful," hahaha. But even I have to admit that Sophie has been quite a handful, even more this year compared to last year. I honestly still have no idea how to handle her, but Lara just kept telling us to just let her go around on her own as we went on with the exercises.

Rehearsed the play once with the kids, and to my surprise I was told that I was also going to dance along with everyone during the final dance number. Well, I'm not really all that surprised, but I already knew that I was going to dance. I just had no idea how many song numbers I was going to be in, hahaha! Thank goodness that this year, I actually love the songs that Lara's using, ahehehe.

After running the play once, we let the kids take their snack break. After the break, we let the kids rehearse the finale song, and even let them listen to an original track as well. After letting them rehearse the song again from their finale positions onstage, Lara dismissed the class.

I was planning to head to ATC to have a date with myself before meeting Lara for the Dogs Day Out at the mall, but Lara invited me to go with her to her house before she heads for ATC with Lindt and her siblings, plus so I don't have to hassle myself with the commute to Alabang.

So it was a spur-of-the-moment road trip to San Pedro as a random treat to myself for the day. When we got off the bus in Laguna, we stopped over at the pet store so Lara can look for a water bottle for Lindt (too expensive, so she didn't buy it) plus a couple of treats. I also bought some for Terie as well. Walked to Dexter's pizza to buy some lunch, then took a trike to their house. Got reintroduced to Lara's siblings Johmie (I forgot if we're the same age or if she's younger) and Kuya Jorhez, even though I met them before when I ran into them once in ATC. And of course, I also got to meet Lindt, the "baby" of their family, hahaha. Lara and I devoured the pizza while her siblings prepped up, and then we hopped in the car and drove off to ATC. Unfortunately the traffic was really bad, so we arrived late in ATC.

There was a demonstration in the plaza by some dog trainers, so we immediately checked it out. Apparently Lindt was so overwhelmed by the crowd, so she kept walking around and around when Lara first put her down to walk. I managed to grab her after passing a couple at Coffee Bean, and was surprised to see that Kassy was one of those 2 people. Hahaha, she thought that Lindt was my dog because I was one who picked her up, until I introduced her to Lara. We settled down on the grass with Johmie and a couple of dogs and their owners. There was this Jack Russell who was trying to be friends with Lindt, but I guess Lindt was still kind of scared of the big crowd that she was kind of mataray to the Jack Russell, who was appropriately named Jack, ahahaha. Jack's owner noted Lindt's behavior and gave Lara and Johmie some advice, but Lindt was still kind of stubborn.

We went around to check out all the other stuff going on. There was this photo booth, plus there's this Pets for Peace wall where dogs can put their paw prints on as "signature." By the time we went back to watch the demonstrations, the owner of the Jack Russell was there wearing a different shirt. As it turned out, the man that we were talking to was actually a master dog trainer, hahaha!

I was sort of regretting that I didn't get to bring Terie there to ATC to interact with all the other dogs, but I guess I was glad as well, because Terie can get pretty crazy at times. Oh well. Anyway, after the whole event, we just went around, and tried to get Lindt to walk, but she kept asking Lara and her sister to carry her, hahaha. Lara and I ended up sitting for a while at Coffee Bean while her siblings went to buy groceries until I had to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment