Sunday, May 23, 2010

The busy days.

I've been spending most of last week with Lara and the Make Believe gang. We've been rehearsing with the kids during the morning, then do whatever stuff or errands in the afternoon.

Last Wednesday was mostly like that. After rehearsing with the kids, Lara and I went to Food Box for lunch, then returned to Montessori to just hang out. Plus Lara did tell Nina that she'll help out with the backdrop/black backing onstage. Eventually I was the one who ended up draping the black backing on the boards while Lara chatted with Nina, who was glue-gunning sequins to Abby's costume, hahaha. While we were just sitting around and talking, my phone (which was on silent most of the time) started vibrating. I answered the call from behind one of the boards, and realized that it was someone from the call center I sent my resume to (through Anna). Apparently, that was my phone interview, hahaha. Thank goodness I gave my mobile instead of my landline so I can be contacted anytime.


So the following day, I had to dash to Makati after the kids' rehearsal. I was super grateful that there were no traffic jams the whole way to EDSA. With some time to spare, I managed to grab some lunch at Southgate before heading to Ayala. Right after I had changed to a decent business attire, I took one look in the mirror and was surprised to actually see myself looking... well, older, hahaha. I actually looked my age if I was dressed in corporate attire.

After an afternoon of waiting, interviews and exams, I stepped out and decided to text Mimay just in case she was already in Manila. I suddenly got a phone call from Opa and told me that they were in Greenbelt, so I walked on over there and found Mimay, Mike, Betty, Opa, plus Mimay's 2 cousins (I forgot their names) in My Thai. They were just finishing dinner, so we had a little photo op and chitchat, then we all walked to Dusit Hotel (where Mimay and Mike were staying) to hang out. Mimay and Mike bought ice cream and stuff in SM first, so the rest of us went ahead. We also invited Lucien and Leo to follow. So there was a night of ice cream, card-playing, and talk galore until I said that I needed to go home and sleep.


Early call time at Montessori yesterday morning, so Lara and I met up pretty early in Alabang before taking a jeep. Had breakfast first, then helped the kids prep up for the tech run. We adults changed into our costumes as well, then put some last-minute touches on the kids' costumes, like the furry feet for Rafa and Katie. During the tech run, extra challenge once again with dealing with talking kids backstage, and of course, Sophie. I tried the "seatbelt" thing on her which I used on Naomi last year, but it didn't work because she kept squirming. Thank goodness Mike was also there, so we took turns watching out for her.

Showtime after the tech run. I was so glad that Abby had been the most behaved girl (as always), and Bianca always does what she's told. Katie needed a bit of warning, but she does follow when she's told. Sophie was a different story, per usual, because even though Mike had implied the 3-warning rule on her, she kept straying away, but at least we managed to catch her in time before she could be seen by the audience. I had my prop book and pencil stowed away in the lockers, but thank goodness that it was a good distraction for her, so she stayed put.

I was supposed to dash to CCP for the Virgin Labfest audition after the showcase, but I couldn't resist staying a bit longer to make up for the time I didn't get to bond with the Make Believe gang the day before. Shan was also there to watch, so Nina and I convinced her to stay and hang out with us. After a little company call, talk galore over lunch while Sophie entertained Nina, Shan and me. Then a whole bunch of us settled on the floor and the mats and talked about all the crazy stuff that had happened during the show and prior to the show. We cracked up when we saw that "challenge accepted" video of Mike, ahahaha!

After a while, I had to go, so Shan and I left together. I showed her which jeep to ride home, then I hopped on a jeep going in the other direction. When I got to CCP's Silangan Hall, there were so many people, and Lara was also there, ahahaha. She had left Montessori before me with Therese and Pepper, and the couple managed to convince her to audition for Labfest as well.

The whole afternoon til evening was mostly just waiting and talking with other friends who were also there to audition, and it was great to see friends that I haven't seen in a while.

Gino suddenly texted that he'll be in the area at around 7pm, and apparently he's treating some friends out in celebration of his birthday. He also asked about the audition, and he suddenly decided to just go and try out. Geli was with him, and as it turned out, their other friends couldn't make it to dinner, so I decided on a whim to join them.

After Gino's audition, the three of us walked to Dencio's in Harbor Square. I haven't hung out together with these two since they watched Rent, so it was great to bond with them again. Haha, photo ops galore, and indulged in the birthday boy's vanity. Yummy dinner, then walked around and more photo ops, then we decided to just walk to Taft instead of taking the jeep so there would be more quality time for us. We even stopped over at KFC so they can get Krushers (I was still full from the dinner, anyway).

So far, things have been pretty OK. I wonder what these next days, weeks and months will bring. For now, I need to get some rest. I think I'm coming down with something. Thank goodness it happened after Make Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment