Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Post-Vday post.

I had asked a couple of questions in my previous blog entry about Valentine's day, and I got a few amusing responses. And a couple of friends even asked me the same question. So to be fair, I decided to answer my own questions as well, as promised.

I have a couple of favorite Valentine's day memories, none of the romantic kind, really, ahahaha. The first was when I spent the day with a bunch of friends who were involved in my thesis production. We were all single back then (and I think most of us still are right now, ahehe) and we all headed to the mall for lunch then caught a screening of The Phantom of The Opera (though it took quite a long debate before we got to decide on what movie to watch). Half of the group still had class so they had to leave after two-thirds of the play. Eventually, we all headed back to Taft, where 2 other guy friends had to disappear because of a double date. Ended up with just Nikki and me hanging out in Starbucks, just talking until another friend came along and joined us after a while.

Wow, I can't believe I remembered that, hahaha.

Anyway, the second V-day memory was just hanging out at Dencio's with an old flame. We were initially with another friend earlier in the evening, and eventually that friend had to leave for a family affair, but he paid for the rest of our drinks plus an order of crispy pata (woohoo!). We first just sat there awkwardly and quiet, until we eventually started talking, and that was when I finally got closure.

Anyway, so how did I spend my Valentine's day this year? I spent most of it at home, just vegging out in my room. I read a couple of chapters of my current book du jour, watched Mona Lisa Smile, then I headed out and met up with one of my good friends, and spent the afternoon just hanging out and talking. Instead of dreading the occasion and brooding about being single, I do believe that I like it this way, just treating it like an ordinary day, and it was pretty alright.

Speaking of ordinary days, I wonder what's in store for the rest of this week. Can't wait for the weekend to watch Orosman at Zafira and ZsaZsa Zaturnnah Ze Muzikal.

So how about you guys? Looking back, how was this year's Valentine's day for you?

8 comments:

  1. naiinggit ako kasi gusto kong manood ng zzz at orosman pero okay lang kasi i'm sure mau-update naman ako through your multiply site. :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, nakakamiss kayo dahil sa ZZZ. Will watch it for you and Zee. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syempre! At syempre parang hindi ko na na-replyan ito, hahaha. Manonood ako ulit bukas. May 3pm DTR sila before ng Friday night show, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete