Monday, February 7, 2011

Had a long weekend, but no complaints.

Nothing much has been happening lately, then I suddenly found myself having a super busy weekend. It was fun though, even if it meant missing out on a few hours of sleep.

On Saturday, I got to witness the Grand Alumni Homecoming of LSGH, called Ciento Verde, and organized by their school's batch 1986. Miss Magda had asked me if I can be a spinner, so off I went.

My call time was at 11 that morning, so I had to come to the office an hour early for early dialing, just so I can reach Greenhills by 11am. Oh how ironic, the only time I had to come in early, I fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop. Thank goodness it was still early, so by the time I arrived at the floor, I still had half an hour before I had to clock in. Even though I could start by then, I just killed the time so I can start off relaxed.

Arrived at LSGH at exactly 11am, and mostly spent most of the time sitting around with the younger prod and tech generation, listening to what was supposed to be done. Haha, Miss Magda just had to make a point that because I'm there, she's not the only one who's part of the older crowd, hence calling me "Ate Hogi" for the younger kids. After a paper tech with George, we had to meet with the Batch '86 guys about the entire program. Haha, most of us just sat there quietly, smiling and chuckling as the men kept giving all these additional ideas and whatnot.

When I got some of my material, Sir Jay told me to test everything and familiarize myself with the equipment. I had never been a spinner ever before, as I've only been used to cueing a spinner. It took me quite a while to figure out, but thank goodness Sir Jay kept prodding me to practice using the equipment (even the smelly headphones so I can listen to things on my own), so I managed to do things relatively smoothly, as long as I kept a running list of things to do (CDs, tracks, cues, etc.).

When the event began, George was next to me, so it was easy to get cues from him. There were a few glitches, technical mishaps and such, so I always had to keep lots of filler music (80's music) ready. One thing I have to say about the event, never had I seen so many drunk men of all shapes, sizes, color and age in one place, hahaha.

Called it a night at around midnight, because I had to wake up early the next day for Pasinaya.


For the first time since I first attended, I didn't wake up in time for the Pasinaya opening yesterday morning. Argh. I always like watching the Philippine Marines' drum ang bugle corps while they perform their routine in front of the LT entrance. The entire CCP was already booming with all the festivities when I had arrived about half an hour after the opening.

Because I had already pre-registered online, I didn't have to go through all the long lines to register and just came up to one of the registry booths to get my pass. I was told of the priority baller ID passes that cost P100 each (unlike the regular wrist strap that has a minimum payment of P20), so I decided to get that so I don't have to go through long lines after long lines for all the events that I already had in mind.

I first checked out the Batutes' poetry reading at the CCP library, but had to leave after Siege's first 2 poems so I could make it to the Batute theater in time for AC's Anatomiya ng Korupsyon excerpt. Sat next to Riki and Tuxqs, so I didn't have to sit amidst the student crowd.

Nikki was texting me while I was watching Anatomiya, and I only got to reply briefly once. I met up with her in the lobby after the show. Because the next show that I was going to watch wouldn't start until another hour and a half, we decided to grab lunch at Teriyaki Boy at Harbour Square.

When we returned to CCP, Erik and Marj were finally there. We fell in line at the Main Theater for the Zsazsa Zaturnnah preview, but because Erik and Marj had the regular paper wrist bands while Nikki and I could enter first, we saved them seats in the center orchestra. Ahahaha, we ended up sitting next to the huge group of TKM girls who were talking loudly about Tuxqs. Who was that girl who called Tuxqs her "baby"? AHAHAHAHA. Anyway, those Dodongs received the most squeals from the audience, obviously. They both appeared in "Walang Ibang Pangarap Kundi Siya," so the entire audience of the Main Theater were going crazy, wahahaha. And because Eula wasn't there as Zsazsa, it was Tuxqs and Nar who sang her parts for "Victoria, Winner, Tagumpay."

We realized we still had time to watch Sipat Lawin Ensemble's Imperio Animalia, so we headed to the Conference room, but not before having to go through a huge, tight crowd in the Main Theater Lobby. Ugh. I love the Pasinaya Festival but one of the things I hate about it is the crowd. It's one of the 2 days of the year that the place gets too crowded.

Anyway, when we reached the Conference Room, I wasn't surprised to see the long line. So I got Nikki, Erik and Marj to line up together while I ask the usher about the seating capacity (usually it's just 100, and I was right). I counted the people on my way back to the three, and I estimated that we could make it. And I was right again, ahahaha. Coolness. And I was fairly amused how Erik and Marj were enjoying themselves, being exposed to all this, ahehehe.

We had time to kill again before TP AC's Bakit Wala Nang Nagtatagpo sa Philcoa Oberpas, so we went outside to check the stalls. Erik bought a burger from the Army Navy stall while Marj got a drink from another, then we looked around a bit. At one point, we were talking about Red Anderson, one of the Dodongs in Zaturnnah, and while we were still walking, we passed a stall that was manned by Shing and some of her friends, selling magnets. Red was also there, and when I stopped looking at the magnets, Shing had quipped, "Dodong for sale." Ahahahaha.

When we were sitting on the carpet in the LT lobby...

Me: Sayang, late na ang naisip kong comeback as to magkano si Dodong.
Erik: Pwedeng pay-what-you-can.
AHAHAHAHAHA.

When we had to fall in line for Oberpas, the line was already super long, but once again, I was grateful for the priority passes. Erik and Marj had to go to the very back of the regular line that had already snaked around.

It was a shorter version of the play, and it was still pretty funny despite the fact that they had removed certain parts of it. And they had changed the ending as well, with Tad accidentally falling off the overpass, with a hilarious bird's eye view fall that was reminiscent of Bobby Strong's in Urinetown.

We were set to watch Spotlight's Magsimula Ka excerpt in the same venue after Oberpas, but we were still required to leave the venue so the next group can set up. Spotted Erik and Marj already in line, so I guess they didn't make it inside for Oberpas. But at least they got to have a good spot in line for the next show. By this time, they were already giving out old, unused tickets to old shows to easily count the number of people allotted for every show. Anyway, for Magsimula Ka, they performed a few songs in the show, and of course, including the title song.

After that, Erik had decided that he and Marj already line up for Spit's show in the Conference Room, while Nikki and I had to stop by the ladies' room. Whoa, a longer line for SPIT, so Nikki and I headed for the priority pass line. Some of the AC plus Tara walked by us, trying to get seats for the show as well, but I don't think they made it. Tara, on the other hand, sneaked into our line together with me and Nikki, and even though the usher asked for her ticket, she still let her in, hahahaha. And my goodness, as our luck would have it, we ended up sitting next to Tuxqs' boisterous school-based fan club for the second time in a row, ahahaha. The improv group was playing a game in the acting area while we were being seating, and not only that, they were talking in gibberish. I was still trying to figure out how their game worked when they called for a volunteer, and once Nar had taken his place with the group, I finally figured out their rules, which was similar to Zip Zap Zoom, ahahaha.

Anyway, without fail, even the short performance of SPIT kept cracking me up right on until the very end. And of course, my favorite segment of all time is still the most hilarious. The Oracle always comes up with the craziest answers, as long as you ask them an open-ended question.

Favorites were...

Question: Paano makapunta sa langit?
Oracle: Mamatay ka muna!

Question: Bakit ang ganda ko?
Oracle: Ilusyonada ka kasi!
(This answer was pure win, as the question came from the aforementioned boisterous group.)

After the show, Nikki and I were getting pretty hungry by then, so by the time we had met up again with Erik and Marj, we decided to go to Army Navy to eat. I haven't had their burgers in a while. But what was disappointing was that they were out of Freedom Fries, which is one of my favorites. Even though we had to settle with regular fries, and even practically had to cover them entirely in salt and add the Army Navy sauce, I still missed the Freedom Fries. Oh well.

We missed the closing gala at the Main Theater because we were still eating and talking the time away in Army Navy, but it was alright. I still had an awesome time the entire day.

4 comments:

  1. Cheer! Thanks for devirginizing us to Pasinaya! Hahaha! Had a blast, despite occasionally dreaming up mass, slow, torturous murder on the idiots who stepped on my feet that day. LOL! Shame I didn't get to watch Oberpas and Anatomiya, though... ah well. Next year, Online registration + priority passes!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahahaha! I was actually thinking of the same thing. Buti na lang I didn't wear sandals that day. But I had a blast with you guys! Thanks for indulging me sa Pasinaya, hahaha! Yes, next year, let's pre-register agad online, and I do hope they still do that, and of course, the priority passes as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Here's to next year's Pasinaya! Beat the crowd, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete