Friday, October 7, 2011

Effort to write despite my right arm's tingly feeling.

I can't resist blogging, so even though my right arm still kind of tingles half the time and I still need to rest, I figured a brief update wouldn't hurt.

So here's another collection of mishmash updates.

The last 2 plays I got to watch were pretty good, and both directed by Tuxqs. The first was Dulaang UP's Tinaratadong Asintado (a Filipino adaptation of Titus Andronicus). I got to watch it with Erik and Marj a few weekends ago. Damn, it was bloody brilliant. Yes, pun intended due to the blood and gore plus the concept of the play. And it even inspired Marj to do Shakespeare plays, especially something like that (even though she had no idea at the beginning that it was adapted from an early work of Shakespeare, ahehe).

Anyway, the second play I saw was just last Sunday, which was Tanghalang Pilipino's Nobyembre, Noong Akala Ko'y Mahal Kita. It's one of the plays in the Tony Perez Perspective, which features 2 more of his works. I loved how clear all the characters were, no matter how many multiple characters and ages those 3 actors did. I have yet to watch the 2 other plays, Bombita and Sierra Lakes, tomorrow evening.

In other news, I do believe that I'm known in our office for being one of the agents who used to get rattled so easily, and now I've been moving up to doing primary projects. It actually amazes me how our team leaders/project heads have faith in me to handle them. The last feedback I got from one of them was pretty flattering, despite my mediocre performance. I hope I can handle the monitoring next week.

I got a postcard in the mail last week. It was such a thrill to still receive personal snail mail at this day and age. I have to say, handwritten mail (be it a letter or a postcard) is still something I love to get. It's more personal, even though we do still get personal stuff via email. I mean, there's more effort into taking the time to actually write it, and that's what I appreciate. It's one of life's simple pleasures.

I love simple pleasures. Like that, getting a postcard. Or eating fruit salad flavored ice cream. Posting these simple pleasures as a shout out on Facebook makes me feel more grateful for these things.

Speaking of more simple pleasures, I recently taught myself how to knit using a couple of YouTube tutorials. I actually learned basic knitting from my grandmother back when I was in grade school, and I don't know why, but I suddenly lost interest, and ended up learning crochet instead. Anyway, despite my arms' condition, I managed to make a few rows of knitting stitches a couple of days ago. I decided to put in a new row or two every day so as not to tire my hands out too much.

Another simple pleasure was the massage I got last Monday. Thanks for that.

Anyway, it's about time to rest this darn arm. My right forearm is getting all tingly again.

2 comments:

  1. A few friends of mine from Japan and Korea loves sending postcards. It's really different knowing where these things come from. It's charming. =)

    Hahahhaa YES i wanna shakespeaaareeee.

    GO HOGI! The fact that they trust you with these responsibilities must mean that you can definitely handle it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, diba? Ang saya lang talaga getting any kind of snail mail. Bonggang personal touch talaga.

    ReplyDelete