Saturday, October 15, 2011

We really should learn to appreciate the little things.

I realized that we really do take a lot of things (no matter how simple they may be) for granted. I guess we really should be grateful, even for just the little things.

After 5 months of using my laptop from my bed (using my chair as its "table"), I'm now back to using the laptop on my actual table. I've been having problems with my right arm for about a couple of weeks now, and it seems I have slight symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome. My fault for not having proper posture while I spend hours clicking and typing away at home and at work. Thank goodness I was advised to have it checked immediately before it really becomes cubital tunnel syndrome. Because I was experiencing occasional numbness and tingling sensations from my fingers to my elbow, I was given a couple of prescription medicines, and I'm glad to say that the weird feelings on my arm has lessened. What I need to practice more is proper posture.

Anyway, the doctor had told me that I'm lucky that I had asked for a consultation right away, because most cases she had seen were when people were already cradling their arms, and not being able to do simple occupational things such as turning a doorknob because of the pain. So I realized I shouldn't abuse my arms and hands too much while I'm using a computer. I really should be grateful that I can still use both arms properly.

I heard that a friend of mine got held up (at gunpoint) early yesterday morning, right outside her very house. I'm so glad the creep got away with just her bag instead of her life.

I realized that I had a bunch of close calls that I almost missed if I blinked. On the day of my birthday last year, I was on a bus home when a bunch of holduppers came aboard. Realizing that the bus was too crowded (as there were passengers already standing in the aisle), they decided to hop off the bus immediately, because with all those standing passengers, they won't be able to get a clean getaway. I found out from the bus conductor that he knew they were holduppers, because their photos were posted in their transportation office. In hindsight, I realized that I should have been grateful for that, instead of complaining that it was my worst birthday ever.

Another close call was last week. I was on a jeep to work, and I had opted to sit in the middle instead of sitting next to the door. When someone had hailed for the jeep to stop right in the middle of Coastal road, instead of boarding the jeep, the guy snatched this poor lady's bag and immediately dashed before we all realized what had happened. Had I sat in her seat, I would've been the one with the stolen bag.

And I guess we also should appreciate the simple things. Just as a little quality time with friends both old and new, taking the time just to sit around, hang out and talk. Yesterday, I ended up staying longer in the office so I could wait for a bunch of co-workers to finish, something which I hardly do because I'm always off to a rehearsal/show or in a rush to go home and go back to sleep. I ended up having lunch with Julie, Sam, Faye, Carla and Pau in Glorietta 5, then we (except for Faye and Carla) headed to SM Mall of Asia to watch a movie. Ended up staying there until dinner before we headed home. It was a crazy afternoon of wrong lyrics, crazy quips, catchy Pinoy movie punchlines, Sam's endless hunger and bits and pieces of revelation.

I can't wait to start working on a production again. D' Emperor rehearsals begin this Tuesday. I sure hope this will be a blast.

So how are you guys? Does anyone still read my blogs? Please do leave a comment if you dropped by. I'd love to hear from you.

6 comments:

  1. Excited for D'Emperor! :D I'm sure you'll have a blast. And cheers to the small things in life. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I can't wait talaga. We have pictorials na tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Cheers to the small things. MISS YOU HOGI! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed to the fullest! I miss you. Glad you're doing much better now.

    ReplyDelete