Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Is there a real difference between them?

I had asked a few friends, "Would you consider being friends with benefits sort of like an open relationship? Or completely different things pa rin sila?"

I had asked because sometimes it seemed to me that they are just the same. Plus the fact that I've seen two movies that talked about being friends with benefits, Friends With Benefits (how original) and No Strings Attached. I actually liked the former better than the latter.

Anyway, so back to the question. I actually liked Drei's answer.

"Open relationship is exactly like FWBs. Both aren't really committed to each other. The only difference is that in an open relationship, you get to put a title on your significant other. In FWBs, you're just totally friends that fuck each other for the heck of it. In ORs, you ARE in a relationship; a fucked up one, but a relationship nonetheless. You are obliged and entitled to the typical relationship nuances and practices. It's just that you're allowed to fuck someone else or date other people, since it's an OR. More emotional stress and trauma compared to the FWB sexlandia and freedom."

OK, I guess that cleared things up for me. So why the heck was I asking? Let's just say being in something like this makes me more uncertain of where I stand, hence making myself afraid to love again, or even to just to take that one big risk or leap. Whatever. I guess I'm not making sense right now (and heck, at this hour). Thank goodness the other person who's involved does not read my blog.

Regarding that other person involved, I remember that we used to be so close. Now I don't even know what his opinions are, especially about this, and especially about that weird time when I had no idea whether something that had happened was real or was just a dream. All I know is that he doesn't want people know about us.

I know you have these weird rules about not going back to the way things were, but can't we just please simply put a label on it? To hell with your nonsense rules.

Oh well. Enough pondering. I'll probably edit this when I get back from work.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I just watched Friends with Benefits last night. I don't know how it would be like to have a friendship like that. I imagine it would be scary. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, not scary naman. Just too... complicated.

    ReplyDelete