Thursday, December 29, 2011

My 3-0 day.

So how was everyone's Christmas?

I haven't posted in a while again, and to think that I've hit a pretty nice biological milestone this month. Yup, I've hit the big 3-0 on the 16th. I really had nothing special planned on my birthday, as I wasn't really feeling that optimistic. I guess it was because I didn't really enjoy my birthday last year. Anyway, things were pretty OK on my birthday this year, thankfully.

After work, I headed to CCP to attend Carlos Celdran's "Livin' La Vida Imelda" tour. I've always seen him around CCP while conducting the tour, and it's about time to catch the entire thing.

The CCP Christmas party was in full swing at the Little Theater when I arrived. Jelson was at the entrance as one of the hosts, interviewing people as they entered the theater, while Tad was inside, as the other part of the hosting tandem. After a quick stop at the prop room, I hung around the LT lobby, just people watching while waiting for the tour to begin. Carlos was about half an hour late due to the crazy traffic, but we didn't really mind. Once the tour began, we were all wrapped in the story of Imelda, full of romance (well, men), humor and of course, intrigue. If history classes were this fun and interesting to listen to, I would've paid more attention to it back in school. Carlos took us from the LT lobby, to the Silangan Hall, the Main Gallery, the Main Theater (places and venues that are all too familiar for me) and back to the LT lobby while telling different parts of Imelda's life.

For the next leg of the tour, we rode in orange shuttles (hired for the tour) to the PICC. Because I was the only one there who went alone, I was snapping photos of everything but myself (like a lone tourist, haha). This family noticed and smiled at me while we were aboard the jeep, and the dad offered to take my photo for me. I politely declined, but then the dad asked if he could take my photo using his own camera. I gamely posed, and after he had snapped the photo, the guy asked me if I was a model, because he said that I looked like one. Best compliment ever! Happy birthday to me! Hahahaha!

Anyway, onward to PICC. Most of the tales were once again told in the various places of the PICC, giving us good views of the Coconut Palace and the Film Center. The venue I liked the most was the Delegates Lounge. You sure could party back then in that room.

We ended the tour on the lawn fronting the PICC before settling the fees back at the entrance. Of course, I couldn't resist having a photo op with Carlos, even though we already had a photo together at one of last year's Intramuros tours.

Walked back to CCP to pick up the stuff I dropped off in the prop room, and I received a dainty little gift while I was there. Thank you so much!

I enjoyed the simplicity of how my birthday went this year. Thank you so much for that day.

2012 is right around the corner. I have to prep for my traditional year-end blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment