Saturday, December 17, 2011

Meeting up with Carmie and Evan.

I haven't seen Carmella in almost a year, so we decided to meet up this past Tuesday afternoon in Greenhills. Jay couldn't make it because he had to work, but I'm so glad Evan was there (so his yaya Lisa was also there in tow), despite the crazy Christmas shopping crowd.

Met up with them in Starbucks Promenade, and Carmie didn't notice me at first because of my really short hair. So yeah, my hair was already short to begin with the last time we saw each other, but this was already shorter than that. Hahaha, it was great seeing her again. For a mom, she doesn't really look like it, even though she keeps saying she got fatter. Anyway, Evan was asleep when they had arrived, so we stepped outside the coffee shop so we can talk, just the two of us. I love these rare bonding times that we get to have. She's the type of friend that you can easily talk to, and catch up with as if you only saw each other yesterday (minus the salisi moment we had earlier, haha!) So updates galore on each other, what she's been doing, how the people she knew in theater are different now, all that schtuff.

Evan was awake when we got back inside, so we got to play with him a little. He showed us a little dance to one of the songs that Carms played on her phone, and he was super adorable! One hilarious moment with Carmie, by the way, was when she told me about a pair of sandals that she saw while they were shopping earlier, and she called Jay to tell him about it...after mentioning that she saved a lot while shopping for other presents, hahaha!

We went inside the mall for a while and just hung around the food court, eating taho (I had no idea that almond syrup on taho was yummy) and talking more. Deeper conversations, true confessions, relationships, and even a bit of gratitude to the good friend that helped us cross each other's paths to become friends. I love you, baby bro, for introducing me to Carms. I love her to bits like a sister I've never had.

We went around a bit more in the Shoppesville area and Carms bought some baking stuff in Gourdo's for her sister Iza. Then she decided to head back to the store where she found those sandals that she mentioned. She started trying on different shoes, while I got to browse through their clothes (I have my eye on a few items, so I'm definitely going back there), until finally settling on a pair of shoes.

Because I was waiting for the rush hour traffic to subside, we had dinner at Peri-Peri, our final stop for the evening. Carms then mentioned about her dad's show that airs on Net 25 every Sunday. I haven't seen an episode of it, but now that Carms had mentioned it, I got even more curious. Then she suggested that I try working there as an FD. Oh my oh my, I really want to! But I still have commitments until mid-February. Oh please, can I please work there after this? Hahaha!

When it was finally time to call it a day (Evan had already fallen asleep), they dropped me off at Edsa and I managed to get a ride home from there.

Too bad I didn't have my camera then. Though Carms did snap a photo of the three of us. Will wait for her to upload it so I can repost it.

It was great seeing good old friends like Carmie. I sure hope we get to see each other more often. Love you, Carms!

No comments:

Post a Comment