Saturday, October 21, 2006

a concert

Yesterday was Day 1 for Lea's Tomorrow: A Concert for the Future. It's been ages since I last saw Lea live in a concert. My golly, that was about 4 years ago for her Broadway concert. Liza got us all good seats for that one, thank you!


It seemed that everyone was all excited to see "the Lea Salonga" perform again after giving birth to her baby daughter. Oddly enough, there wasn't enough excitement in my bones. OK, so you can kick me now. I guess I've just been kinda preoccupied with a lot of things that I wanted to get this week over with.


So I met up with Tin and Peachy in Taft as soon as I got out of the office. Found them at Red Ribbon and we stayed a little longer until Jhack arrived with our tickets. Then we took off for CCP. There were already a lot of people milling about in the lobby, and we checked out the table where the Sony BMG people were selling CDs. Nothing much to do, so we spent most of the time just wandering about, until we settled ourselves on the 3rd floor and sat around on the stairs. Igh, there was even this couple nearby that gave quite a huge show of PDI. Jeez, get a room, people.


Anyway, the concert. I love the set design. Pretty flys, very apt for kids. And I've forgotten how deep the stage can go, hahaha. Ass for the repertoire, nothing too extraordinary, but it was pretty good. The Madz were spectacular. Of course, the song "Tomorrow" wasn't left out. Hahaha, duh. The entire concert seemed... kinda short. Or maybe it just felt that way.


President GMA came to watch the show. Right after we had exited the theater, we had opted to take the stairs because the escalators were too crowded. Then one of the ushers said that the stairs were closed. Rawr, so we had to squeeze ourselves in with the rest of the crowd on the escalators that was meant for people to ride on one at a time. I hate crowds, most of you know that, and by the time we had merged with the people, I wanted to run over them just to get some air. Peach, Tin and Jhack, on the other hand, just wanted to find Lea to get their pictures taken with her. So anyway, as it turned out, the stairs were closed because that was where GMA would be passing along with the people from the concert. Jeez. Grand exits are so annoying.


We went backstage along with Tin S and Mimay S and found the AFLS group. Everyone was crowded around Lea, asking for her signature, having photos taken with her. Of course, Peachy, Tin and Jhack squeezed in while I sat on one of the few chairs I found. I was kinda sleepy and hungry by then, so I wasn't in the mood to mix with the crowd. Everyone was fussing over Lea, so I took the opportubity to nab Calvin so Peach and I can have a photo with him, hahaha.


Ahehehe, my companions were prodding me to get Lea to have pictures taken with them, but I couldn't seem to get close enough, and by the time I was about to tap her shoulder, she had to go. Nyak. But of course, knowing Peachy, she'd persist. That girl won't leave unless she gets what she wants. The AFLS people were still hanging around as well. Then suddenly Lea emerges from her dressing room after changing out of her dress. There we go again, the ones who hadn't had their picture taken surged forward. I suddenly felt Peachy's camera in my hand, and found myself face to face with Lea, who turned to me with a surprised look and said hi. That was my cue, and finally got to ask her to have a photo taken with the company I'm with. Peach jumped to her side, and Tin on the other. Then I suddenly found them multiplying. Everyone wanted to be in the photo, hahaha! Ay, que funny. So I after the photo, I asked to me next. I think I even uttered an apology because we were delaying her. Anyway, yay, thanks for the camera, Peach! Soon after, Lea really had to leave (I love your bag, by the way), so goodbye. After a photo with the AFLS people, we finally trooped downstairs.


Late dinner at Pancake House with Mimay, Tin, Edcel, Carmel, Betsy and Jeff. Everyone was talking about the concert. The songs, where they've heard this and that, all that schtuff. They practically had everything memorized. What caught my attention in the entire conversation was about how close they want to be with Lea. Mimay then said that I had known her personally because I've worked with her. But hey, that was it. I used to adore her as a fan, yeah, but I'm done with that. Now I just admire her as an artist. I think it was Jeff who had mentioned that he was perfectly content with where he is now, so as not to take away all the magic.


Hahaha, now I couldn't help but chuckle to myself when he said that. Getting too close really takes away all that magic. A bunch of us had tried to get too close to someone. It can get crazy. I don't want that anymore.


Oh yeah, in other news, I found out from Sheena and Irene that Maria Milagros Barbarosa is one of the 5 finalists in the student film category of the Catholic Mass Media Awards. Oh my oh my.

10 comments:

  1. ate hogz! hahaha kahit kami ni peach nagulat and dami pala namin sa pic...oh well sad but can we do... =( haha but I had a lot of fun!!

    and its our first time to be together!! I mean peachy, me and you to watch Lea! ang saya kasi diba Lea was like the instrument that brought us together minus the workshop sa ating dalawa. =p

    and yes I totally agree with Jeff. kasi if we were close to her uhh its a bit boring wala nang excitement ;)

    *HUG*
    ~tin

    ReplyDelete
  2. "oh hi hogi"

    hindi ka namin tatantanan..hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. San ka ba nagrereply? =) HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha!! sorriii kasi naman magka-Ym na nag popost pa..oh diba mahal tlaga natin ang isa't isa! nahihilo na ko... =p

    "OH HI HOGI"

    ReplyDelete
  5. alam mo after some thinking i realized na masaya pala maging fan and ayaw ko mawala yung magic pag naging friend ko yung idol ko (as if mangyayari). i guess contento na ako na marecognize lang nya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe, nakakapagod maging fan eh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pwede ko bang i post ito sa blog ko? tamad na kasi ako mag sulat about day 1. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pareply nga rin dito, para in ako. ahahaha!! Basta hindi kumpleto ang lea experience kung walang picture with her, hehe. at sa mga naatraso ko sa pagsingit ko sa mga moments nila, SORRY TODOMAX, i honestly didn't know what i was doing. hahahaha. seryoso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahahaha, okie lang yan, Mims. Baka yan ang epekto ni Lea sa iyo. =P

    ReplyDelete