Monday, October 16, 2006

The Necklace

Just got home.


And I just re-read my last entry. My golly, was I that mad when I woke up this morning?


Anyway.


Met up with Betty at SM Centerpoint this afternoon so we could watch The Necklace together. Jerald had put us on the guest list, so off we went. After a quick bite, we went up to the cinemas. Oh my, to our surprise, there was this uber-long line at the cinema where the show would be. Most of the audience was composed to students, oh my Lord, so there would be a whole lot of noise.


By the time the previous show had ended and its audience filed out, Betty and I immediately slipped in. Ahehehe, we were told by one of the women out front that we had to sign in somewhere as guests. But we didn't find the spot where we had to sign in, so we quickly took our seats at the third row.


I honestly have to admit that I didn't really know the story of The Necklace, but it was pretty entertaining. The first thing I noticed was the set. It looked like something from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, hahaha. Everything was 2-dimensional and exaggerated, specially the props. Then the show finally started. Oh man, the speakers were lousy. Most of the ensemble numbers could be understood because they sounded muffled. But it was still a delight. Johnson was quite the audience's heartthrob, ahehehe. Melissa's singing and the way she moved her head reminded me of Lea Salonga. I believe she was in the German production of Miss Saigon before (wala lang, trivia lang, hehe). Though her movements were always jerky, it kinda annoyed me. I haven't seen Juliene perform since 2003, and was glad to see him onstage. I loved Kalila's character (and her costume designs, hehe), but her accent keeps changing. And of course, Ate Naomi, hahaha. I just had to describe her as cute when her character gave money to Matilde.


After the show, Betty, Jerald and I had dinner at Shakey's then Betty had to go home. Je and I, on the other hand, ended up at Dematisse in Malate. The place wasn't as comfy as Penguin, but since that place was closed, this one will have to do. It has couches on the first floor, and low tables with pillows on the second. Just hung around and talked while we watched TV on the first floor, then moved upstairs to the second floor when it opened and stayed there until I had to go home.


All in all, I guess it was a good day despite the drama. I'm not used to that. Peace, bro. And thank you, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment