Tuesday, September 11, 2007

back online

Carlo had said that I've been MIA online, hahaha. I actually missed the Internet, but even now, I'm too tired to check all my email and heck, updates on Multiply.

Avenue Q had opened this past weekend. But my goodness, before it had its press night and opening night, the week was crazy. When I had gone to the theater on Wednesday afternoon for a little setup in the lobby as well as to check out the DTR. After fixing the seat numbers in the entire theater and had a little briefing with our ushers, something went wrong. The soundboard had short-circuited and well, let's just say that it made a huge delay, and so we got to watch the DTR without mic lapels and the band. Holy kamote. But I truly thank Miss Mel of Domino's Pizza for coming through for us when we needed last minute food.

Despite mishaps and all, we survived opening weekend! Running around to pull out tickets from Ticketworld, hauling tons of packed meals to the theater via that service elevator that takes forever, ticket mixups (ARGH), disappearing loge seats (where does M16 keep disappearing to?) and etcetera can be quite crazy, but I guess fulfilling in a way, as I missed working at the front of house last year. And because I missed pigging out on Bravo's crostini with their assorted dips and spreads, that's what I did this year, combing with Propel Active Water to wash everything down, hahaha.

One more this I had missed out on last year was people watching, while just sitting in the lobby. Sometimes it's always a nice surprise to find people you don't expect to arrive. My favorite was Jenny. Heck, I already knew that she was back from Hawaii, and I had also told her to watch Avenue Q once I had found out that she was coming home. But finally seeing her again in the flesh was hilarious. It took me a while to register who was standing in front of me, and according to her, my reaction was so slow and gradual, hahaha!

And once again, getting guests was always last minute. I managed to alter Zee, Carlo and Micah's afternoon plans so they can watch the show. My apologies to the rest of the BFFs, by the way, specially to Nar (whose birthday is coming up, nyahaha)!

Yesterday, even though I haven't caught up with my sleep, I decided to drop by good ole CCP after our matinee show, declining dinner invites by Peachy and Sundee (my usual quip here to those who know), and Chari ("May date ka nanaman," she had said, and this time, well, I can't say anything to deny anything). I ended up joining the AC at Jorge's and Denisa's place somewhere in Pandacan.

Man, I just love love love Horhe's house! It's so spacious, and I also fell in love with those stairs. Drinks, talking and music galore, and when the rain let up, with all went next door to Denisa's house, which I fell in love with too. It's so zen. We all settled in the cool living area to have more drinks, and because I'm not really a social drinker, I forgot about my drink on the table, when it was more than halfway through, haha. When we started pigging out on the chips and stuff, Denisa then said that it wasn't for free, and had each of the AC perform a little song, hahahaha! And my favorite was their improv song, which I regret that none of us had recorded, darn!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Ahahaha, I'm not exactly done with my blogging yet, as I owe people a whole lot of explaining to do, if you know what I mean, hahahaha! G'night all!

6 comments:

  1. hogi! thank you!!!!! :D ang saya talaga!!! yahooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob! Too bad di ko maimbita lahat ng BFFs. Hahaha, pasensya na at tuliro ako nung nakita niyo ako. Karma siguro yun, ahehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the free invites Hogi! We enjoyed the show! Sobra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No prob, Zee! Hahaha, buti naman nag-enjoy kayo. =)

    ReplyDelete