Wednesday, September 26, 2007

a real day off

Holy kamote, I'm spending my day off here in Taft, of all places, hahaha.

After a busy closing weekend of Avenue Q, I've been itching to do an update, but everytime I go online and try to blog, I don't know where or how to start it. Writers block while blogging? That's a first for me.

Last Wednesday, I went to watch DUP's production of As You Like It (Filipino version) with Tad, Wenah, Marj, Chrome, Kat, Jen, Russ and (at last!) Nicco, hahaha! Thanks to Victor for the tickets. Someone was quite the space case when he told me to just meet up with them at the North Edsa MRT station instead of Quezon Avenue station. Hahaha. But thank goodness I was meeting up with Nicco there so we took the MRT again to Quezon Ave. Hehe, when we were about to board the UP jeep, it turned out that Tad, Wenah, Marj and Chrome were also on the same jeep. We arrived at almost the same time.

After the show, we hitched a ride with Paolo back to CCP, where everyone was meeting up with Sugus to celebrate his birthday. I went with them because it was easier to go home from there. I had planned to stay for a while at the place where they were going to eat at, but due to someone's brooding, I felt so off that I just decided to leave.

(Honestly, I hate it pag may nagtatampo sakin, even if it's over the most trivial of things or even when you're just acting up. It's not that it pisses me off. Ayoko lang ng may galit sakin.)

Haha, in between shows on Saturday, I was just sitting in the lobby of the auditorium and saw three people walking towards the venue. It took me a while to realize who they were as my vision is going crazy these days. It was Paolo, Mailes and Cris, hahaha! Paolo was there to read for Dogeaters and Mailes and Cris just went with him. Cris had already read for a different role the day before as well as Nicco and Bryce. Hahaha, when they saw me, I think I knew that their smiles at me meant something. Ahehehe.

Our house is being renovated this week, and the whole place is a mess. Every room is being repainted, the ceilings needed new wood and new lights have been installed. Thank goodness we have the annex so at least there's a place to sleep. Well, actually, that's just for my parents, hahaha. I have to sleep in the living room. Plus I finally got to have my room painted blue! Yay! Hehehe, while the other rooms (except the annex, which is painted mint green) remain off-white, I have a blue room at last! I can't wait for the entire house to be finished to I can fix up my room.

So Avenue Q closed last Sunday... but only for now. Hope to see you guys at the repeat in December, hehehe. Of course, one concern about that repeat is that will anyone still take notice of Dogeaters in November? We'll see.

Anyway, on the evening of closing, I didn't bother going to the cast party due to some concerns, plus I was damn tired of coming home late already. Ahem, why put off certain responsibilities to party? Oh well.

On Monday, we came in an hour later than our usual time to get some well-deserved rest. But once we were in the office, we had so much to do because of all the stuff we had dumped after the show. Cleaning time once again. Moved a few stuff, returned things to where they used to be, stacked the Pepsi products against one wall and moved a couple of chairs. Yay, the office doesn't look much like a dump anymore with all that Avenue Q merchandise everywhere. Yesterday, I attacked the files and ended up with more stacks than I had expected. Instead of just Avenue Q stuff, I also had Dogeaters. But wait, there's more. I realized that I had King and I files somewhere. Huwaw.

After a long day, I met up with Nikki and we both got new haircuts. Hahaha, this is the 2nd production this year that I had cut my hair right after its run. Whee, I can't believe I actually enjoyed having a haircut. I used to be content with just wearing my hair long and loose.

Bobby had let us take the day off today. Yay. So I dropped by good ol' CSB again regarding my return, and then met up with Bei and her friends. I have yet to figure out what to do with the rest of the afternoon. Maybe I'll bum around at Harbour Square as usual.

18 comments:

  1. Masyadong busy...can't wait to see your new do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOGEEEE! Kamusta ka naman? Sana makasama ka na namin ulit! Oi, pahingi naman ng Avenue Q Merch na yan! Hahahahaha! Saka don't forget to inform us about Dogeaters ha! I want to watch! =)

    Miss you Hogi bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hogi! Grabe naman, I was in Taft kanina! As in the entire afternoon. Argh, dapat nagkita tayo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. di ba haws mo na yung taft? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naman. Kaya nga miss ko na kayong mga BFFs, SOBRA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nakuuu, sold out na kami ng Avenue Q merchandise. Kaloka talaga yun. O_o At syempre naman sasabihan ko kayo about Dogeaters. Kayo pa! =) Miss you too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naku sayang! Rawr. Sa susunod nga, itetext kita. Rawr...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha! pero masaya ako at nakakausap pa rin kita kahit papano tuwing gabi! hahaha..at talagang lumalabas ang pagkasabaw nating dalawa! hahaha!

    hogi!! ang saya saya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ang saya saya ni Hogi! HAHA! Laveeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, masaya nga pero sabaw pa rin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, I've been using that expression for years now. =)

    ReplyDelete