Wednesday, September 5, 2007

backlog: back to school?

Another backlog, hahaha. I didn't get to go online this weekend, but I did manage to find some time alone to write down some stuff.


Friday, August 31, 2007

Back in Starbucks Harbour Square once again, just killing time before Circa.

Well, this week has been quite the rollercoaster. After spending an afternoon with one of my best friends early this week, the next days weren’t as fine, especially with my certain status at home. I guess that’s why I’ve been kind of aloof and sort of spacey at work. Once again, my parents were on my case about my direction in life.

So what happened? 2 days of loud one-sided talks with the parental units (once my dad raises his voice, he doesn’t listen to reason except his own), then I began to get myself acquainted with the new SDA building. Lots of waiting, re-filling out forms that I had filled out before, talking with Sir Gerry (who made a point to say, “I make sure that all students who have been under my wing will graduate.”), double-checking both old and new flowcharts as well as old and new course codes, and finally, to my dismay, I have to take subjects that weren’t in my initial flowchart due to the school’s new policy.

By January, I will be a full-time student again. With a full course load. And there’s no turning back now. I really want to finish this. No more putting it off and procrastination just because a cool new production is coming my way and I really have to be part of it. Two whole terms of classes again. And the funny part in all this is that I’m actually excited to go back to school, hahaha.

What’s even funny is that when I looked at the subjects that I need to take, I found this one particular subject called Production, Stage and Theater Management. Holy kamote. I have to take a class like that? But what have I been doing for the past 3 years that I haven’t been in school? Hahaha!


Am now sitting in the house of the Little Theater, waiting for open house while some of the cast members are doing mic check. Man, I can’t believe that this is the final weekend of Pilipinas Circa 1907. Then Avenue Q will be opening next week and will run for 3 weeks. And after that… what will I do? When Zee and Micah caught up with me at Starbucks earlier, I had quipped that maybe I’d try a part-time job, say, like a barista, hahaha! Hmmm… now that’s a thought. I already have a form that I had picked up in the coffee shop. There’s no harm in trying, right? I mean, what if I don’t really get any racket during my 3 months of bumming? I need some money by Christmas. Oh well. It’s just a part-time job anyway, so I hope the parental units won’t complain that much. Then maybe try to get in as a dresser for Dogeaters? Wahehehehe.
 

2 comments: