Monday, July 5, 2010

A day off.

I'm so relieved that I have the day off from work today. It was quite the opposite from the beginning of the weekend when I felt that I was crashing already. I had work on Friday morning, then I got to go home to sleep, then off the Meralco for Legally Blonde then back home again to rest for a few hours before I had to go back to work.

Thank goodness for the lounge. I got to get in an hour of sleep (it's not much, but at least I got to rest) before I had to walk to the Atlantis office so I can ride with Lawyn back to Meralco for 2 shows of Legally Blonde. By the time we were on our way home (I usually hitch with Lawyn and Jan), I was already crashing in the backseat and could barely keep my eyes open.

I partly blame Gigo's jump rope. We spent the evening show trying to recreate the "Whipped Into Shape" choreo, plus I did those front crosses that I missed doing, ahahaha. In fairness ha, masakit ang jump rope because it wasn't real rope but PVC instead.

Yesterday was our supposed team building for the Blue Griffins. But unfortunately a lot of people flaked at the last minute. If Jammie hadn't texted, they wouldn't have confirmed. Anyway, there were only about over a handful of us yesterday, and we decided to have lunch at Ebun in Greenbelt 3. Thank goodness they let me indulge in sizzling tuna, ahahaha. My goodness, mahilig pala sila mag-food trip, especially Weng. Anyway, after lunch, we ended up just walking around then settled at Gilligan's. Kamusta naman ang pag-beer in the middle of the afternoon, haha. In fairness, it was nice to just sit there and talk with them. Akala nila quiet person lang ako. Let them wait a week or so, hahaha. And their reactions after I told them how old I was was pretty classic, ahehe. For some reason, no one can't seem to believe I'm this old already. It's really a blessing and a curse.

I'm grateful for that one day last week. The simple offer of coffee made quite a difference, but I hope it's not just because of the coffee. But it really made my day. Thanks for those moments.

2 comments: