Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Updating again after some busy days.

I've been quite the blogging delinquent, haven't I? It's just that I haven't found the time to just sit down and blog the days away since last week.

So Cats will be having its gala opening night, and I'm just sitting here at home instead of manning the merchandise booth. Why? Long story, really. It's just that at first, we weren't being paid well for the work that we were doing, which takes quite a lot of effort plus time that we end up going home when the theater's practically empty. When we brought it up, we decided to quit, so they upped our fee. But when payday came last Sunday night, we realized that we were being paid per day, not per show. It wasn't really fair, because we were getting paid the same rate during the weekends, and to think that half of us work during both shows, and get the same rate as the ones who just work during one show? It was totally unfair, and it wasn't really in the agreement that we were getting paid per day. Pretty disappointing, if you ask me. It wasn't really the company's fault. I just saw it in the lady who hired us, or the local events company that she's under. And to think that we work harder than the ones under that company, and those girls there leave the venue earlier than we do.

Oh well. Never mind.

So for now, we just decided to discontinue the work until the ones who deserve the 2-how fee gets paid right. Even though I'm only supposed to work one show per day during the weekends, it's still not fair for Jan and Mei-Mei.

So anyway, what else has been going on? Nothing much, really, hahaha. Aside from my usual work, I haven't found the time to do anything else.

By the way, I finally went ahead and bought a new phone. My previous phone conks out after a few hours even though it's fully charged, and it can't store as much messages as before anymore. So I went online and went to the site Drei had recommended, found a decent seller, contacted them in the morning, and by early afternoon, I already had it in my hands. I got it brand new, yet I got it pretty cheap. Not a bad deal at all. So now I can happily surf the net as long as there's wifi, hehehe. I took it on a test drive during an Atlantis pictorial at Portfolio the day after I bought it, and was content alternately surfing the net and bugging the people.

I've been missing a lot of people. I've lost touch of some, and I haven't spent time with some of the others. I've declined invites to night outs, pig-outs, movie dates, and even the simple hanging out over coffee. Maybe by this week, my schedule will be better. Heck, now that I shrugged off that one part-time job, I'm happy enough with these 2 others I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment