Monday, July 12, 2010

Lazy Monday.

Another week has begun, and I'm glad that I don't have work this morning (another shift cancellation) so I have at least one whole day to bum around at home.

Legally Blonde is now down to its final 4 shows this coming weekend, and I have to admit that the cast is getting better after every show. There are still some minor glitches and flaws, but that's OK, I guess. Believe it or not, Carlo flew from Singapore to watch the show not once, but twice this past weekend, hahaha! It was great seeing the BFF after goodness knows how long, and to think that I didn't get to see him during his last visit. Thanks for the cookies, Carlowww!

Last Wednesday, when I dropped by Atlantis, Bobby had mentioned Rep's production of Equus, and told me who were in the cast. One short text later, I managed to score preview tickets for Lawyn, Mae and me the following day, hahaha.

So how was the Equus preview? Well, I have to say, I love the material, despite the fact that it was too heavy for me that day (considering I did a chick-flick marathon earlier that day). It's pretty text heavy, so brush up on your listening skills, because most of the essential stuff are in Dysart's monologues. Miguel Faustmann as Martin Dysart was perfect for the role, and no matter how low his voice could go, you couldn't help but listen. Marco Manalac played Alan Strang that night, and hearing that he's a newbie to theater, I didn't have much expectations. But for a newbie, his innocence infused truth into Alan's character, though some of his nuances were kind of inconsistent. And I have to say that listening to his voice got pretty old because he sometimes spoke in a loud monotone. But props to him for handling the character nicely as his maiden major role in a production. Pheona as Jill was brilliant as well as Jill, as she complemented Marco's Alan. And those horsemen, hahaha. Like horses come, they also came in different sizes and colors, hahaha! I love how Joms had put it, yung iba sa kanila daw ay parang abs na tinubuan ng tao. As for me, I like the bods lean and mean, ahehehe.




To you, I miss you. As always.

To you, see you later this week. I'd love a good dinner.

To you, I regret how what could've been didn't happen. Hope to you see back here sometime.

4 comments: