Sunday, July 4, 2010

Virgin Labfest 6: SET F - Revisited.

I made a point not to miss the Revisited set of Labfest, even though I had already seen Doc Resurreccion twice last year, because I never got to watch the other 2 plays before.

Isang Araw Sa Karnabal, written by Nick Pichay and directed by Chris Millado, was the first play of the set. Paolo O'Hara and Skyzx Labastilla play a couple who meets up at a local carnival park to just stop thinking about things that had passed and certain things to come. Despite the serious topics that were brought up, the exchanges between Paolo and Sky were still pretty witty as they simulated carnival sights. I've always looked up to these two actors, and they still never failed to disappoint.

Shielfa Alojamiento's Boy-Gel ang Girlfriend ni Mommy is another hilarious piece from last year, directed by Carlo Garcia (the one who wrote the Oberpas play performed by TP Actors Company). I have to say that "kengkoy" is the term I'd use for Che as the mom of two kids that get weirded out that their mom is dating a queer. Despite the fact that the 2 kids' voices sounded kind of shrill, it was successful in achieving the kulit of how kids were suspecting things and trying to find things out. You can't really help but laugh out loud at all the quips and exchanges all throughout the play, which was also updated as they also got to use the term "jejemon" as someone's side comment.

And of course, without bias or lack of it (ahahaha), the best play among the 3 would have to be Doc Resurreccion: Gagamutin ang Bayan, written by Miss Lallie and directed by Tuxqs. Tad as Boy Pogi and Riki as Jess were awesome as ever in this intense play about two cousins both running for mayor. I remember in my blog entry last year, I mentioned that these two gave "riveting performances" along with the rest of the cast consisting of Angeli Bayani, Peewee O'Hara and Crispin Pineda. Even though they had already done this play last year, they kept their performances fresh that I was still left in awe, along with the rest of the audience.

I can't wait to see these plays published in the second Labfest anthology. Ahaha, by the way, when I came to see this play this past Thursday, I noticed that there were only 2 copies available of the anthology, so I nabbed one already.

Today's the last day of Virgin Labfest 6, so by this time, everyone's at the cast party or at least on their way there. Congratulations to everyone who was part of Virgin Labfest 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment