Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cebu Blog Camp 2011!

I know I haven't blogged in ages, plus I still have pending blog entries, but I can't wait for next weekend, so I just have to post this.

It's my first time to attend the annual Cebu Blog Camp this year, and became aware of this through Hendri, who had attended last year's blog camp.

Of course, I just had to attend. One of the primary reasons could be... well, I've been blogging for as long as I can remember. I started blogging way back in 2001 (yes, 10 years ago!), and I guess it's pretty apt to attend after 10 years of blogging. I'm pretty much an old-school blogger, as I love writing long entries without even bothering to create tags of any sort, and despite the fact that there are already convenient ways of microblogging, I still settle for old-school entry-writing, no matter how short some entries could be.

Second, it would be a good opportunity to travel and meet new people. My goodness, I'm finally going to Cebu, hahaha!

Next, the topics to be discussed are pretty interesting and useful. There will be talks on photography (shoutout to my DSLR camera sponsor for this trip, hahaha), travel and social media marketing. I think I saw a few other topics in the program as well, so it makes me even more excited. The lectures would be such great help to spruce things up in my blog.

Fourth, the event sounds really promising. My curiosity made me so persistent to go. Who knows, after the blog camp's over, I turn this into an annual trip.

One final reason is... Hmmm... what else? Well, it's nice to do something random and something that's not part of your routine every once in a while. And this is it for me right now. I'm traveling to Cebu alone just for the sole reason of being part of this event.

Oh, by the way, I'll be staying an extra day in Cebu, just in case anyone's there who's willing to adopt me and take me around the place, hahaha. I did hear that we'll might go island-hopping, so I sure hope that pushes through.

=========================================

The Cebu blog Camp is an event organized annually by the Cebu Bloggers of the Blog and Soul Movement which is the educating leg of the Philippine Blog Awards Inc. which has been running for already four years. This is the largest gathering of bloggers in Cebu.

THE CEBU BLOG CAMP 2011

is co-presented by

 

Bronze Sponsors

Geiser Maclang Marketing Communications, Inc.

 

Media and Institution Partners

Official Web Browser

Official TV Media Partner

Official Online Print Media

Official Photo-Social Media Partner

DONOR

Academy for International Culinary Arts



6 comments:

  1. Oh man! i'm so jealous! this is the blog camp you were talking about! :D Share your knowledge! :)) Will you be here to watch the showcase though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yepyep, this is the one. Unfortunately, it's exactly on the 28th, same day as your showcase, so I won't be able to watch. =(

    Haha, which is why I kept bugging Erik about bits and pieces of your show when we last saw each other.

    So I expect videos! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nico! Break a leg to all of you! =) Make me proud! Hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete