Sunday, May 1, 2011

Not much, really.

This past week has kept me occupied, and I'm glad for that. I'm grateful for the things that have been happening, for friends both old and new, and all the things that I'm learning every day.

First, some quotable quotes.

In Peaberry Cafe with Erik...
Me: (on what to order) Handa na ba ako for something cold?
Erik: ...like my heart.

Ano buh.

Anyway, after work and a short nap yesterday, I went to CCP early, because I knew that if I stayed in Makati, I might do some unnecessary spending on food and whatnot in the malls. So I was off to CCP so I don't have to see so much that I have to spend on. At first, I decided to stay in the LT lobby and possibly catch a few minutes of sleep there, but once I settled down on the carpet, I found the place really hot. So I left and decided to check out if the air conditioner at the Silangan Hall was on, so I could possibly stay there for a while. Once I reached the 4th floor, I heard voices (well, just one voice, really) coming from Silangan. When I walked over to take a peak, it was Carlos Celdran, conducting his Living La Vida Imelda CCP tour. It was also hot in the venue, and everyone was fanning themselves with whatever they had with them. I ended up staying and listening, even though I wasn't really part of the tour. I even separated myself and just sat on the steps leading to the hall.

One of the ladies in the back of the group then turned to look behind her, and when I saw who she was, I was surprised to see that it was my former Playshop classmate Jolina! I haven't seen her in years, and it was great to see her again. We quietly said hi to each other before we both turned our attention back to Carlos.

When they changed venues, I decided to head downstairs to get some water in the buffeteria. Then I noticed Allie standing outside the artists entrance, so I decided to say hi and have a bit of small talk.

Allie: Mukhang ako lang sa batch natin ang nakapag Main Theater, hahaha.

Haha, I love that. It's pretty sad to know that not a lot of people in our chosen course decided to pursue theater in the long run. I guess practicality is more than just an option for them.

And this conversation was related to my next one, when I ran into Jolina and her husband in the LT lobby while they were taking a break before their tour group had to head over to PICC for the next leg of the tour. We were catching up on each other's news, and of course she had asked why I was there in CCP.

Jolina: Parang ikaw lang sa class natin ang tumuloy talaga sa theater.

It was partly true, though Lawyn is also in the industry, thanks to my crazy influences. I guess to most, theater is really more like a hobby than a career.

I can't wait for this coming season. TP's Noli Me Tangere The Musical already made a press release today, announcing the cast.

I realize that I still think too much. I guess it's the Sagittarian in me. But then again, it's also still just me. Sometimes I just let things and thoughts flow from my mind, to my fingers, to a piece of notebook paper, or to a notepad file on my phone, or to this blog. But sometimes I also just start thinking, and thinking even more, then I edit. Like I told my friend, sometimes I don't trust myself in writing what I think and feel right away. I'm afraid I might get too tactless no matter how cryptic I try to be. Heck, I've already lessened the frequent posts in my private blog because I remembered how shocked I was when I found myself angrily typing when a thought was still fresh in my mind. And to think I usually use my blogs and journals to de-stress.

Though sometimes, I enjoy just being candid when I write. That's what made most of my writing style, really.

And once again, that card reading rings true more and more each day.

RPT recital is drawing near. Next week. Oh my. More thoughts on that on another post, maybe tomorrow. For now, I just noticed how the days really fly.

2 comments:

  1. Self-editing is such a burden sometimes... but necessary. If all else fails, there's always the "private post" setting (thank goodness).

    Looking forward to your recital! :D Break a leg!!! :D

    PS:
    LOL @ the quotable quote. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, necessary, yes. I remember reading my old posts, and I sounded somewhat rude or tactless sometimes.

    Thanks, Erik! =)

    And yes, thanks for the week's quotable quote. =)

    ReplyDelete