Monday, January 23, 2012

Eyeball Set B's opening weekend, plus Katy Perry's concert.

I haven't blogged in two weeks! And the whole time I haven't been blogging, I've just been busy with rehearsals for our set (Set B: Isang Araw sa Karnabal and Maliw) for TP's Eyeball.

I took a couple of weeks leave from my part-time job to focus on the show. The work's not really all that heavy, but of course, I don't want to have to stress myself out just because I lack sleep. Thank goodness this prod isn't as crazy and hectic as my last one, and I love the people involved. I even got to watch Set A during their first weekend. And even better, I managed to do Zumba a few times before our rehearsals officially started, as I brought my laptop practically every day to rehearsals.

Anyway, when I watched Set A during their Saturday show, I have to admit that I liked Doc Resureccion when it was still staged in Batute. Back in Batute, you can actually feel and somewhat think that you can smell the stench of Boy Pogi's place. It didn't feel the same when they moved it to the Little Theater. Anyway, I still have to commend the performances of most of the actors in this particular set, especially the 2 leads of Doc. Tita Sherry (who also plays Mommy in Maliw) was also refreshing to watch as Mang. Pam was hilarious as the Babae in Oberpas, but I have yet to watch Minay (who alternates with Rayna) as the Tindera. I heard that she was awesome and pretty natural.

Our set opened this past Friday without a hitch. I was so glad about that. By Saturday night, while I was having dinner with Nikki after our evening show, I was beginning to feel a little off. By Sunday morning, I had a little migraine, but I didn't want it to spoil my day. Thank goodness we pulled an entire weekend of shows pretty well.

Sometime in the past week, during one evening rehearsal, my phone started ringing, and the number that registered was a landline. Considering I was still in rehearsal, I didn't answer the call. When I got home late that night, my mom said that someone from my office had called, telling me that I won tickets to Katy Perry's concert on Sunday (yesterday). Anyway, to be perfectly honest, I'm not really a fan of concerts, because I hate crowds and hearing crazy high-pitched-screaming girls. But heck, I haven't been to a concert in years, and Katy Perry seems like a big deal, so I decided to go for it, even though we had to strike all our stuff from the theater.

I gave Tin the 2nd ticket to the concert, and we just decided to meet up at MOA because she was coming all the way from Nuvali. Cellphone reception was crazy as I got closer to the concert venue. All my messages started to lag, so I had to rely on phone calls, until eventually, I couldn't reach people who were already inside the venue due to the crazy network connections. Thank goodness Tin had decided that we meet somewhere that wasn't too close to the venue, otherwise we wouldn't have seen each other. Grabbed dinner at Yoshinoya (because there was a super duper long wait list at Bon Chon) then just hung out at the fringes of the concert venue because we knew that the show will start about an hour late. After attempting to go inside the venue once then having our tickets stamped, we ended up just outside, just taking photos and videos of our craziness and even befriended an adorable 3-month-old Siberian Husky puppy named Kiara.

When people inside the venue started cheering, we went back inside. False alarm. Nothing was happening yet. We decided to just stay inside and entertain ourselves with the tweets that were being projected on the screen. Haha, we alternately read them out loud with feelings.

Then show began at around 10pm, and we had positioned ourselves near one of the big screens because we couldn't really get a good view of the entire stage, what with the taller (and more fanatic) kids and all. Unfortunately we ended up standing in front of 2 crazy girls who would relentlessly scream in our ears. Even though I glanced at them a couple of times, I overheard one of them say "Pakialam ba ng iba?" Oh dear, maswerte na lang siya na maganda ang mood ko that night, otherwise I would've pushed her back and under the scaffolding where the projector was. What was funny was that when she overheard Tin's Nikki Minaj joke, they laughed along and shared the joke as well. For that, my visions of retaliation lessened. Instead of discreetly pushing her back to the scaffolds, I silently let a deadly one out in her direction.

Anyway, Katy Perry herself was awesome, gorgeous and awesome! I love her performance, her costumes, and especially that quick change sequence. The boy-kissing felt kind of off, because the guy seemed to look so full of himself (no offense to anyone who knows him, it just looked that way to me).

The concert was only about an hour and a half long, but watching and hearing Katy Perry live was totally worth it. By the time we got out of the venue, it took a long while before we managed to contact people again. Tin finally managed to get hold of her cousins, while I ended up meeting with Erik and a couple of his friends.

Now I get a day of rest. Finally. Then back to work early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment