Sunday, January 8, 2012

On the new year.

I'm not really the type who makes New Year's Resolutions, because I know for a fact that I would keep putting it off and end up not doing it anyway.

But I guess there's always a first time for everyone.

Anyway, upon hitting the big 3-0 on my birthday last month, I decided that my new year's resolution is pretty simple. To learn how to drive. You see, I love commuting. I'm comfortable just commuting because it saves money, and despite my packrat lifestyle, I can go anywhere even while toting huge bags wherever I go. Never mind that my bag got slashed twice last year (first outside the DFA when Minay and I were renewing our passports, and the second was when I was switching buses on my way to Greenhills), as I had used the same huge-ass bag that was actually pretty theft-friendly. Plus I don't really rely much on cabs, because taking other modes of public transport keeps you aware of where you're going, instead of counting on the cab driver's sense of direction (or sometimes the lack of it).

So anyway, I just think it's high time that I learned how to drive, just so it would be more convenient in the future. Plus my dad's eyesight isn't as clear as it used to be, so as much as possible he doesn't really drive long distances or at night, so it would help a lot if I also knew how. Plus, I can finally go on solo road trips, hahaha!

Speaking of trips, I sure hope I get to travel more this year. Last year, I had only gone to Cebu. I do plan to come back to Cebu this year as well, but we'll see where else I can go.

I honestly don't know where this new year will take me. It's so funny how people would post on Facebook every new year that "[insert year here] will be mine." That's a whole lot of blind optimism, and it doesn't really hurt to claim every year. I'm not all that cynical or anything, but I guess I still just want to go with the flow. Hey, I know that at this age, I really should be more concerned about certain matters, but I guess I'm not that typical. Let's just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment