Saturday, January 7, 2012

More meet-ups.

Before the end of the New Year, I got together with a few people. First was the day before New Year's Eve with Tita Tessie, despite someone's protests. Met up with at the LRT station, then we headed back to their house. It's been ages since... well, that incident, which was why I haven't had any reason to come visit. But because she kept asking when I would come by, I decided to go ahead and go.

Just hung out at their house with Tito Jun, and their 2 youngest sons were also there. Jerald at first was just sitting at the table, happily content with surfing the net, while Junjun was just upstairs. After a while it was just me with Tita Tessie and Tito Jun downstairs, just talking. I have to admit, it was pretty nice to know that I was still welcome at their house (except when their eldest offspring is at his moodiest, or even when he's not). The moment I arrived at their little compound, Raquel immediately saw me, and I was amused at the fact that she actually still recognized me. And it was quite a sight seeing Tito Jun's face light up when I stepped inside their house.

After a while, Tita and I took a pedicab and walked a bit to Jonell's house. One of the reasons of my visit is that they had invited me to Jonell's wedding, and I wouldn't be able to go because I have a show that day. Anyway, I finally got to meet Lorie, Jonell's fiancee, and she's actually really pretty, and just a year younger than me. Oh, these boys, they really love older women, hahaha. I was actually a bit surprised that, although we never got to interact much unlike the youngest 2 siblings, Jonell called me "ate." I guess that was just it. We never really talked or whatever. But he has the same humor and intellect as his older brother.

Anyway, more talking galore over takeout, plus a little bit of teasing as well (it can't be avoided, anyway), then Jonell and Lorie had to meet someone. We all walked together then took a jeep to the main road, and Tita Tessie couldn't resist having a photo taken with Lorie and me in front of the city hall's big Christmas tree. Said my own goodbyes, then called it a day (as I had a brief rendezvous prior to meeting them that day).

No comments:

Post a Comment