Saturday, June 9, 2012

One more day before I dance in public for the first time.

I had never been really confident about dancing. I know I look awkward when I dance. But whenever I see ballroom dancing, it always makes the dancers look so beautiful, especially when they do the standards. As for Latin ballroom, it looks even more beautiful. Which is why I chose it instead of the usual jazz and hip hop classes.

Ian started choreography for our recital (well, the recital is actually a sort of dance showdown event, but we still call it a recital anyway) last Monday, and it took me quite a while to get the hang of it, but hey, I can still do it. Abby, Ate Helen and I will be paired off with Bernard, Ian and Ian's brother, respectively for the routine, and I'm somehow nervous as heck. I still have my weaknesses, as I easily get lost when I start dancing with a partner, and my fear of falling during one part of the routine. Hopefully I will get over that by today, just in time for tomorrow's performance.

So tomorrow will be my first time to dance in front of an audience. And after tomorrow, an opportunity to keep doing this had opened, and I sure hope it will open up to more good things to come.

Oh yeah, if you want to come to the event, details are below.

What: Big Shift DANKA Pump Up DecaDANCE Showdown Party
Where: Big Shift Studios, 3rd level, A. Venue Mall, Makati Avenue, Makati City
When: Sunday, June 10, 6pm onwards
Tickets: P500 per person (inclusive of 2 drinks, 2 Big Shift DANKA gift certificates, and 1 raffle stub), additional P300 for the buffet dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment