Tuesday, December 18, 2012

3-1.

Like last year, I didn't really have anything planned on my birthday to celebrate. True, I was thinking of doing a couple of things, and I always make a point to do one thing for myself on my birthday. (The year before last, I watched Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, then last year I joined Carlos Celdran's Imelda tour in CCP. I went to both alone.) For this year, I was either thinking of watching the Philippine Madrigal Singers concert in CCP, or Repertory Philippines' closing show of Camp Rock. There was also the CAS party in the evening, but I did tell my team leader that I wasn't sure if I was doing to attend because of the personal special occasion, which she understood.

The day before my birthday, I got a text from Jill, asking if I'd like to watch Camp Rock with her, Bianca, and Ikey. That finally made me decide. Sure, better to watch with friends instead of going alone, so I said yes.

Come Sunday morning, I first attended Misa de Gallo with my parents, as I haven't done so in the past 2 years because I was working. Then I slept the rest of the morning off before heading out to Greenbelt for lunch with Jill, Bianca, and Ikey. Jill was the first one in Cyma when I arrived, and Bianca arrived a few minutes later. When Ikey arrived (with his beer waiting for him at his seat, as we ordered it to surprise him) and immediately greeted me a happy birthday, the 2 girls were so surprised to find out that it was my birthday that very day, as I never said anything about it, hahaha.

We started off with some spinach and artichoke fondue and some roka pasta, then we all ended up ordering the same thing: the salmon. So many quips of "healthy-healthihan", "salmon-salmonan", and "lemon-lemonan" abound, hahaha.

No, we didn't get dessert, but of course, upon realizing that it was my birthday, they did ask for that special (and free, haha) dessert and greeting for birthday celebrants. Hilarious. "Opa!" ("Gangnam style," we add.)

We then headed off to Greenbelt 1 to get our tickets at OnStage for Camp Rock, then we hung around for a while at the candy store next to the theater. Jill wanted to get something for her sister (who's part of the cast) other than flowers, and decided on a Nerd stuffed toy. Yes, those cute little characters on the box of Nerds candy. Super cute, I want one of myself, hahaha.

While we were still hanging out at the candy store, the funniest thing happened. As there was a school who bought part of the show, the kids were all lined up outside the theater. A few kids came up to Ikey and asked if he was from Kitchen Musical. There we go, once he confirmed that he was, suddenly a huge wave of kids mobbed him for autographs and photo ops, which took quite a while as Jill, Bianca and I looked on in amusement.

Onward to Camp Rock. Oh, the energy of the youth. So much dancing and energy all throughout the show. And this goes to show how old we are, as Jill's younger sister Justine is already an "ate" in the cast, while we had no clue what most of the songs were unless we had heard it already from kids. Oh, the youth. But props to you guys for keeping so much energy during the entire show, especially considering it's the closing show. Congrats to everyone!

Ikey got mobbed for more autographs and photos a couple more times after the show, and after a little more chitchat, all 4 of us headed our own separate ways.

I then went off to TGI Fridays in Glorietta for the CAS Christmas party. Sent a text to Jo and Julie saying that I would be dropping by. Yay, I was allowed to barge in. Joined my fellow Blue Griffins at our tables, as a bunch of people greeted me a happy birthday. Faye told me to stay until the awards. I wondered why, and I found out later.

After the buffet dinner, the program began. This year's Christmas party theme was K-Pop. No offense, but this was one reason why I didn't want to go, as I'm not really into K-Pop. Please, QEs, can I suggest a more original theme for next year?

Anyway, each team was required to perform, replicating a K-Pop group's music video. Our team did Sorry, Sorry by Super Junior. Super hilarious, as this is the first time in my entire 2-year stay in the company that all the teams went all out in their performances. Everyone did so well.

There were awards given out after every 2 teams' performance, and this was when I found out why Faye wanted me to stay. I bagged not just one award for this year, but FOUR! Hate Late, Clean Slate, Best in Productivity, and one of the Top 11 Agents of the year! Haha, Tom even quipped that it was my recognition day that day because of the awards I got. And Carla got pretty creative, as she used 4 different Facebook profile photos for each of my awards whenever they were shown on the projector.

OK, so I guess I'm glad I did attend the Christmas party, despite the fact that it was my birthday. I had so much fun and laughs.

And all in all, this was one of the funnest birthdays I had. And not just that, so many things had happened this year, which makes me look forward to more on my 32nd year. Huwaw, 31 years old. Yes, believe it. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment