Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A new "term," plus a bit of randomness.

Our Bronze bar class in Latin ballroom ended last week, and our new class for Bronze bar 2 began yesterday morning. Actually, for this "term," the package we get is a combination of Bronze bar 2 in Latin plus Bronze in standard ballroom. The classes alternate, so we will be taking one class in Latin and one class in standard for every week. As I'm one of the few that's already taking the Friday evening class (which is a two-hour class of Bronze Latin and standard), I was already a bit ahead than some of the ladies in our class. We had already finished all the figures for the slow waltz and the tango for the Bronze syllabus in the evening class.

I should have asked for the alternating schedule of the Latin and standard for the morning class. Yesterday, I had only brought my Latin shoes, plus shorts, and I didn't bother bringing my standard shoes (which I got last week, and only broke them in last Friday night) and jazz pants. As it turned out, for this combination class, standard ballroom is scheduled on Tuesdays, then Latin on Thursdays. Anyway, I ended up wearing my Latin shoes, plus shorts and a camisole for the standard class, which came after Le Bran. A no-no, according to Teacher Belinda.

Anyway, so because it's a new class that just started, I got to review the basic steps of the slow waltz, including the first few figures in the syllabus. The scholars were such a hoot. Because they knew I already know the figures, they pushed me to step it up. Myrone told me to apply the rise and fall actions, and even tried to joke around in between. Mark said that I'm already kind of advanced as I already knew this, so I had to follow his lead and his big steps. I tried to go along with them, plus even attempted to sing a few lines of "Moon River" (the song we use for the slow waltz) while dancing. Oh, you crazy guys. So despite the calluses forming on the balls of my feet (I really should've brought both shoes), the guys' antics kept my mind of it because I was having fun dancing with them.

That's what I noticed about myself. When I was trying to lose a bit of weight before by jogging, I realized that I think too much when I jog. I think too much, then I overthink and over-analyze about them. When I started dancing, I just forget, let go, and have fun.

One more thing I've noticed is that I'm beginning to love standard ballroom as much as Latin. Each discipline gives certain challenges, and I'm accepting each one as they come.

It's pretty comforting for these people from Le Bran Dance Fitness Experts to somehow consider me as one of them already. At least that's what I heard from Val (or should I call you "Mommy Val" as well? Hahaha) when I came up to her, Teacher Belinda and Maui last Monday morning.

Then after yesterday's class, I got to chat with Val about what the OJTs from University of Makati do for them (as they recently applied for internship under Le Bran last week). Apparently they also get exposed to more than just the artistic side of it all, and they get to attend this once-a-week meeting/class under Val along with the scholars to teach them about the financial side of the business. Val, in turn, also encouraged me to attend that as well. I sure hope I can soon.

Another thing that Val mentioned before that previous topic of conversation was that while I'm attending the morning technique classes, she said that I still have to attend the Friday evening class, but I don't have to pay for that. She said that it will just serve as a review for my other technique class. Oh my gosh, I was so surprised when she said that, that my voice came out pretty meek when I thanked her for it. It's quite a generous offer, that it's inspiring me to keep persevering.

=================

I attended Tanghalang Pilipino's press conference for Ibalong today. More on that on a different blog entry to follow sometime in the next few days.

I was registered as a blogger, as Toots was the one who invited me via text. While I was sitting at a table with Sir Katsch and TJ, the former turned to me and asked if I get paid for writing in my blog. I just said that I'm not really the type who blogs for money, as I've been blogging for about 11 years now. I blog because it's therapeutic for me, and I always need an outlet when I need to express something and I didn't really want to talk to anyone just yet.

Then I remembered how much I used to blog before. I was so open regarding my thoughts, my rants and raves, and even my randomness. I used to blog a lot, that TJ even said that he would always see so much of my updates back when Multiply was still popular. Now I hardly blog. I only do when I really need to write something down. Thank goodness there's Twitter, which I recently linked to my LiveJournal as you can only archive up to 3,000 tweets so far.

I miss my random posts. Something like the entry that I posted just before this current one that you're reading now. It's like the old blogger in me. So random, kind of transparent, yet still cryptic because I'm still keeping certain things a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment