Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Keep it simple.

It's the small, simple gestures that always win me over.

Once, a guy made a bouquet of origami paper roses for me.

Another obligingly went out to dinner with me and my "adoptive parents," and even let me indulge in my favorite games at Timezone.

My last boyfriend (before we got together) bought me lunch while we were working during a long day, and hid it in his dressing room until I had the free time to eat it.

Another guy offered to go barefoot and let me wear his slippers when my own slippers got lost at the beach.

I'm a very choosy girl when it comes to even just liking someone, as some of my friends even said that I had certain high standards. But seriously, one of my weaknesses is the random simple act of kindness. The simplest ones that turn out pretty sweet just bowl me over.

Like getting off a jeep even after having just paid the fare just because he saw me walking alone on the street (as I preferred to walk), just so I can have some company.

So yeah, I admit it, I'm smitten. And I didn't even see it coming. But of course, that's just me. I may just be misinterpreting certain random acts of kindness.

But still, it's these little things that make us happy, so I don't mind, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment