Sunday, December 24, 2006

of company lunch, road trips and hanging out til morning

Last Thursday, Ate Sally, Kuya Boni, Lai and I had lunch with Bobby, Mrs. Garcia, Chari, Manman, Bettina, Ms Bernice and Pepe at the poolside of the Shang Grand. We had pancit and a cake delivered, and I ordered lots of barbecue from the carpark in the next block that serves yummy barbecue.

Hahaha, Pepe was everyone's favorite, specially mine. That kid was adorable. Wahahaha, of course, when he mistook my name for "Pogi," that's what Bobby started calling me. Nyak.

We had to leave in a rush afterwards because Kuya Boni and I had to pick up some ensaymada orders and deliver some of them as well as a couple of proposal letters. Off to the Mary Grace stall in Glorietta to pick up boxes of esaymada, brownies and food for the gods, which included some personal orders by Ate Sally and me, because we couldn't resist the brownies and food for the gods.

We delivered a couple of boxes to Phil Star and the Carlos Romulo auditorium, and we didn't manage to make other deliveries that day because there was just too much.

Met up with Misch, Nikki and Remus at SM Mall of Asia after work. I was hoping for a night of just chilling and talking, because I was really pretty tired. But no, they wanted to go shopping. Of course, being the person that I am, I didn't refuse and went along with them.

Yesterday was hectic. Kuya Boni and I began our day at 9am sharp. Picked up bread pudding and mango tort cakes, then we were off. My oh my, it felt like we went around the entire Metro Manila in just a day. Well, maybe just me. We got as far north as Commonwealth, then there was a delivery in Pasig, the Fort, Kamias, and even as close as the next village in Makati. Then there was my solo delivery in Alabang when we were done with everything else.

I was tired, but I didn't want to crash and go straight home. I wanted to unwind instead, so where did I end up going? Intramuros for Walk Back In Time. Wahahaha. I felt like a groupie, but no, I totally deny it. Was half an hour late for the 2nd show, but no real loss anyway. Settled next to Max, who was doing his photo-docu as usual. After the show, I went to Chie to say hi and did a bit of small talk. Hung around the venue even during company call, just bugging some of the people until I settled in one of the corners.

After company call, I found myself with Jerald and some of the AC people, on the way to Providence Tower, hahaha. There was me, Jerald, Anna, Tara, Joel, Marj, Jen, Sugus (sp?), and met up with Arnie, Amihan, and Abner at Prov. Every room was already occupied, and after a while, we decided to go to this place nearby (I forgot what it was called) to talk and eat and have a few drinks. Anna had to leave after a few minutes, darn, but Nar managed to catch up with us. Arnie's line for me the entire night was "Hogi, wala kang script?" because I hardly talked. Hello, for the people who barely know me, I'm more of a listener unless I really want to let something out. Oh well, never mind. The part I enjoyed that night was just the opportunity to get to know these new people. I hardly spoke more than two words to some of them except for hellos before that night. I didn't care whether I kept hearing that "script" line from Arnie, ahahaha.

When the bill was paid, we were back at Prov. They were all dying for a big dose of videoke, so we waited for someone to vacate one of the rooms. We ended up waiting for this one guy who was alone, and was in one room that could fit all of us. I mean, hello, there were ones that were good for solo people, but he just had to choose a bigger room. Hahahaha.

Then it was videoke time. My golly, I can't believe Nar's voice managed to make it until 5 in the morning! After every other song, Je kept choosing these R&B songs for him to sing. Hilarious, idol ni Arnie si Je, and idol ni Je si Nar.

In the end, the ones who stayed until 5 were Nar, Amihan, Abner, Arnie, Jerald and me. Everyone was already darn tired, so we all finally called it a night (?). Jerald, on the other hand, was still hungry, which was a sure sign that he had too much to drink. He was craving for Jollibee, so we took a jeep along Taft to look for a Jollibee that was open 24 hours. When we finally found one, we ended up going to the place next to it that served good, cheap food, hahaha. Oh well, the craving was gone.

I got home at around 7 in the morning, and because I was sleeping all day, I'm pretty wide awake right now, rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment