Wednesday, December 27, 2006

post-Christmas

Christmas here at home becomes more and more uneventful every year. This year, specially, because the house felt emptier without my brother around. He had arrived on Christmas Eve last year, and this time, he'll be arriving on New Year's Eve. Aside from going to mass and the food that we all kept coming back to in the kitchen and the dining area, Christmas had felt like a regular day.

We never really celebrate much anymore in our family. Be it Christmas or birthdays or whatever. I guess that's why I didn't exactly look forward to the holidays. I actually spent Christmas day in my room, in front of the PC or the TV.

So I was truly grateful that Mikki had texted me that day, saying that we really should plan a get together. I had said that I was free the day after Christmas, so texting ensued. Just simple dinner plans, and I actually looked forward to seeing all our friends again even though I didn't exactly feel that close to them anymore because I had suddenly kept myself aloof since I stopped attending Playshop.

Because we only had plans for the evening, I had decided to watch Zsazsa Zaturnnah before meeting up with the people. Found out that ATC wasn't showing it, so I had no choice but to go to the more crowded Festival Mall. Hahaha, while I was in line to buy some food before the show, I saw Mavic and Josh lining up for that Judy Ann and Ryan Agoncillo movie (I had forgotten what all the K's stand for, hahaha). And when I had already settled into a seat inside the cinema, Iam had texted and called to say that she and Ge were also in Festival to watch Ligalig.

Iam was right. Zsazsa Zaturnnah was indeed like all those typical Pinoy superhero films. I wasn't exactly wow-ed by the flick, but it sure was still funny, though the pacing can be a bit slow that it sort of ruins the comedic timing. Oh well. Plus they added some new characters. And oh my goodness, those musical numbers. I know some were adapted from the musical, but some of them really reminded me of those 80s movies where they really have these song numbers all throughout the show. I guess those parts were really more meant for a stage play than a movie, ahehehe. And the worst, I'll have to say, was Pops' accent, arg... That British accent was awful, and it wasn't even constant, santa banana.

I can't wait to watch the musical next month, ahahaha. When I had asked Jerald if the movie was ok when he had seen it yesterday with Tuxqs and the rest, I knew what to expect from the film.

After the movie, I had decided to walk to Westgate from Festival Mall instead of taking a jeep because it was easier for me. Plus I don't have to shell out that extra 7 pesos. Jamie arrived at Brothers Burger a few minutes after I did, and Mikki appeared a moments after that. Then Karl and Tycel arrived, and when we decided not to wait for anyone else, it was time to eat, hahaha.

It was my first time to actually hang out with Tycel, excluding that time when I slept over at Teena's and I got to go out to lunch with them the day after. So anyway, talk talk here and there, and nobody else arrived, so we moved to Cafe Breton. That was where Mae, Anna and Kris (in that order) finally arrived.

I have to say, one of the reasons I wanted to go out with them tonight was to see if I was any different from them from before. I used to be quiet, "parang walang script (in Arnie's words, hahaha), whenever I was with them. I just laughed along as a spectator. I never shared any kwento, except when asked. And when Mae had asked how I was, I told her to ask me specific questions instead, because I wouldn't know what to tell and how to begin if I start saying anything.

What was funny was that I was unconsciously observing people's accents and speech patterns as I listened to their stories. Gahd, I don't think I ever spoke this certain way with them, but sometime this year, I was labeled "conyo" and "burgis" so I started thinking again. Ahahaha.

Then hel-lo, I mentally smacked myself in the head and told myself that I was there with my friends to have fun, to get together, to find out what they've been up to since I last saw them. It was amusing to hear what everyone had to say. Karl's DJ stint. Anna's share of stories of being UP. Mae and her bashing (hyukhyukhyuk). Remembering old memories and sharing some others. Etcetera. And me? Ahahaha, I don't even remember if I shared anything. Well, except for the news of Avenue Q.

I think I've been away from them for quite a long time that I didn't feel as comfortable. Well, I wasn't really uncomfortable, but I guess, well, there's something different. Oh well. But yet, it's still great to see all of them again.

And to my surprise, we all called it a night at half past midnight. Hahaha. Oh well (again). Back to real life. So I guess this is my cue to post this entry online and log off. G'night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment