Saturday, October 27, 2007

mere simple pleasures

A spur of the moment thing, Tin and I met up at CCP this afternoon. Hahaha, before then, I met up with Tad at the LT lobby before he and Chynna left for Himala rehearsal in Malate. Rawr, the moment I stepped off the orange jeep and crossed the street to CCP, the straps of one of my sandals snapped off. Oh well, at least it gave way just when I arrived at my destination. I spent the entire time in the lobby barefoot while sitting on one of the benches. Thank goodness Tin hadn't left her house yet, so I texted her, asking to borrow any pair of slippers that she can spare, hahaha.

When Tad had left and I was alone in the lobby waiting for Tin, I spent the time with my vocal exercise book, trying to learn how to read the notes, as I'm required to sight-read for the rest of my voice lessons. Hahaha, even though I was reading the notes out loud yet in a low voice, I sounded like a kid who's learning how to read for the first time.

Spent the entire afternoon in Starbucks with Tin, just talking, catching up on each other's news, camwhoring and laughing. Holy kamote, we didn't realize that we were there for hours until Tin had quipped, "Huy o, gabi na pala." Hahahaha! But huwaw, I missed spending afternoons like this. Talking with a friend, specially one that I missed so much, over coffee is truly one of my favorite simple pleasures. Thanks for the afternoon, Tin! Oh yes, and the sandals, hahaha!

I can honestly say that I'm truly happy these past several weeks. I've found more reasons to smile every day. Real simple pleasures. Coffee with a friend. A hug. A simple gift to say "I love you." A spur of the moment gab session. "Lucky charms." Learning more music day by day. A phone call just to say hello.

And I'm still smiling.

6 comments:

  1. BITING UNG 5HOURSSSS. aww. ang sarap nung huuuug kanina!! labyu hogicadz.

    pero natatawa pa ako dun sa "huy, o gabi na pla", "GATAS" at "Uy sandals ko yan ah, bakit mo suot?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, ang saya saya maski dalawa lang tayo. Labyu Tin!

    Kengkoy talaga yung mga hirit mo. Paulit-ulit lang sila! HAHAHAHA! =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dati na nating ginagawa yun, yung tayong dalawa lang lagi. Remember? wow. ang mga araw na yun. haay.
    Ang saya!! inggitin natin ung iba nating friends! hahaha wooooooooooh ang saya saya namin kanina!! woohhoo ang sayaaa!!! parteeeeeeeeeey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, oo nga. Pero at least di na ko nagda-drama masyado. Parang ang dami kong angst na nabuhos sa iyo dati eh, HAHAHAHA! At I still can't forget the time you bumped your head sa window dahil sa gulat or whatever as a result ng isang episode ko ng true confessions, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahha!! oo ngaaa! parang kailan lang. wow. hala ang dami kong naalala biglaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Wag mo nang ipaalala muna! =P Teka, ano nga ba? Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete