Thursday, October 11, 2007

singing... classical???

I wasn't really planning on blogging about this until I'm more confident about it, but I guess I got inspired by Penny's post, hahaha.

I'm not at all confident about my singing voice. Everyone knows that. Even though I tag along with my friends as they sing along with videoke machines, I don't join in. I cringe even before I start singing in workshops. I get very self-conscious that I'm afraid that I'm not doing things right, hence the reason I became Sir Nazer's prime target.

Then out of sheer impulse, I texted David yesterday morning, asking about voice lessons at his studio. I ended up going there during the evening for a 1-hour session with Patrick, the music school's voice teacher. Holy kamote, after several years of musical theater workshops, I'm only getting formal voice lessons now? Oh well.

Anyway, so on with the lessons. Like Penny, I was told to face the mirror and observe myself while vocalizing. Hahaha, I hate looking at myself while singing. Even this past summer, I hardly looked at myself. The closest thing to it was looking at my diaphragm. So when I chuckled at myself, Patrick had said that one of his prime reasons why he makes his students face the mirror was that so they won't be conscious of the keyboard as the notes get higher. Wahahaha.

Holy kamote, I can't imagine myself singing classical. But there I was, baby steppin' along. And when we were nearing the session, I had to sing one song. And because I hardly knew any Tagalog song that they were thinking of, David chose "You" by the Carpenters, as it is also used as a choir song. Holy kamote.

Oh well, I had fun anyway. I'm doing this for myself.

12 comments:

  1. Hay naku Cadlum, maganda naman ang boses mo no! (Magkayakap Sa Dilim! HAHA)
    Sumasama ka nga sa videoke sessions pero umuuwi ka kaagad! HAHA! So ngayon, may reason ka na para kumanta next karaoke session! Yey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yehey! si hogi, kakanta na pag nagkita kami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nahihiya ka pa? suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!! sige, bigyan din kita ng nickname dyan...hahahahah!!

    go hogi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "habang tayo'y magkayap sa dilimmmmmmmmmmm!"

    let's bidyoke now! kamon! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asus, di talaga pinalampas ang "Yakap Sa Dilim." HAHAHAHA!
    Ahehe, maski di ako umuuwi kaagad pag may videoke session, di pa rin ako kumakanta! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sige lang, gaganti ako! Joke! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isa ka pa! Tantanan ang kanta! HAHAHAHA! =)

    ReplyDelete