Friday, December 19, 2008

27. Yes, really.

I've been meaning to blog right after my birthday (a huge THANK YOU to all those who greeted me, by the way), but things got busier as my brother's wedding is getting closer.

I only expected one thing on my birthday. That it would be complete opposite of the busy one I once had. I never had time for myself then, beginning from its first hour until the last. But hey, at least some really good stuff happened that year, hehehe. And yep, the day was exactly what I had expected. It was the most "normal" birthday I had, except during the evening when my parents and my aunt ordered a lot of food for the entire household.

During a YM chat with Chieboy during the evening, he mentioned how things were pretty rocky in some aspect of his life.

Chieboy: wala hogi ganun talaga
Chieboy: hindi mo sila pwedeng i-please lahat
Chieboy: hindi kaya
Chieboy: ang only thing that you can do is be strong
Hogi: hay naku, korek ka diyan
Chieboy: strong bones will eventually break the dog's teeth
Chieboy: pag wala na shang ngipin, magte-tame din yun
Hogi: tama
Hogi: ikaw pa, chie, kaya mo yan
Chieboy: kinakaya
Chieboy: minsan gusto ko nang sumuko pero hindi...
Chieboy: hindi ako susuko
Chieboy: walang choice eh
Hogi: true
Chieboy: i think that to succeed, one must learn how to shut all means of escape para ang choice mo lang is to go forward
Hogi: i like that

I've been trying to learn how to do that. Heck, if I wasn't for certain aspects in life, I'd probably still be spineless even until now. So yeah, sometimes I still try to find some ways around things, but I'm working on them.

Anyway.

I always look back on old blog posts as a year-end tradition, marking highlights of the entire year. Now, a few days after celebrating my birthday, what were 27 things (in random order) that happened before I turned 27?

1) Going back to school.

Ew, don't bother asking what class this was.

2) Was 2nd AD for a thesis film with Sir Noel T.

This was for Mimay's film thesis, IKALAWANG TAGPO.

3) Shook hands with Peque Gallaga.

After playing an extra in the film HUBAD, Sir Peque, who played Andre the director, shook our hands before we left. Wala lang, starstruck moment.

4) Found closure at the oddest day of the year.

Hahaha, some found it funny, some found it crazy.

5) Danced ballroom with the BFFs for a TV show.

We danced the samba for Chef To Go.

6) Put together a play with only 19 rehearsals.

For TP's Rehearsal and Performance Techniques workshop under Dennis Marasigan and Mayen, we did ANG MGA PROPESYONAL.

7) Started crocheting again.

Hahaha, and this crochet project isn't even for me.

8) Reunited with the AFLS.

Ahehehe, I can still remember Lea laughing after seeing me in the crowd.

9) Reunited with the GG7 gang.

Yes, I belong to a block that was composed of mostly guys.

10) Staged Nemesis after a year in the making.

Hence it left a big impact in our lives.

11) Finally got to work with Tuxqs for Virgin Labfest.

Of course, it was also the opportunity to work with May and Bart as well.

12) Participated in 2 missions of Eksena Manila.

Two back-to-back missions in one day!

13) Dabbled in a classical play (Tartuffe).

Despite all the crazies, it was a great cast and crew. And I love love love my costume.

14) Found a breast friend in Lara.

Yes, the self-proclaimed diva that I had met in TARTUFFE, ahehehe. I just love this girl.

15) Established the "Dashing Divas."

With Dingdong, all three of us dash from rehearsal.

16) Met the Kapeng Malamig gang.

Like Chieboy had said, mas malaki pa sa pera ang nakuha ko dito sa prod na ito.

17) Had a "high school day" with Drei and Carla.

We did all the gimmick stuff we used to do way back in high school, and it was also a night of kilig stories.

18) Found happiness in the simplest ways.

'Nuff said.

19) Reunited with some of the Funky Bunch.

It was Mano's despedida, a good excuse to get together. I miss you, Mano!

20) Chased swindlers.


Effort pa kaming pumunta ng NBI.

21) Passed the one-year mark.

Need I say more? =)

22) Had the Mister Teo experience again with Rosa and Iam years after high school.

Kuchay pie and dumplings... they're still as good as ever, even if we did cook it ourselves.

23) Learned the art of bookmaking.

It was initially for a scrapbook, but I got addicted.

24) Played a teacher in a short film.

Another thesis film... and I have an injury on my left knee to show for it.

25) Forgot how to be sober in Tagaytay.

Yes, an incriminating photo of me and Rosa during that night. Blackmail me and I will have to shoot you, hahahaha!

26) Became a PA for a wedding couple.

My brother's getting married in less than a week!

27) Realized that no matter what everyone tells you, it all boils down to you and your persistence and passion.

Kaya kahit papaano, mauuna pa rin ako kay Juan, hehehe. Ika nga ni Roeder, you really have to want it.

To those who I've experienced this year with, no matter who you are, you still made a mark in my life for this year. Thanks to all of you.

23 comments:

  1. maniwala akong 27 ka pa! charot! he! he! he! ay, yung thesis film ni mimay pala, parang student ko ata ang nag-score nun kaso wala pa akong kopya nun for the files. pwede mo bang kulitin si mimay about this? salamuch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinilig naman ako! :)

    Yes, you're right. I'm so lucky to have you as my breast friend. Here's to more 2009 moments.

    You don't look 27. Not at all! Naks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. 10 years pala ang age gap natin, Ate Hogi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang ganda ng post! looking back. hehe. happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, ano buh! Parang hindi kita naging prof eh! Sige, ask ko si Mimay. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinikilig? I hope that not your New Voice personas seeping in, hahaha! 2009 is for us, Lara! Yay! =)
    Ahahaha, I actually found that my sister-in-law's sister (who's my age) looks even younger than me! Freaky, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 years ang age gap... eh diba mas matanda ka sakin? HAHAHAHA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salamat Carlowww. Pag dumating ang Zsazsa, abangan mo ang post ko, hahaha. Sisimulan ko sa pagtext ko sa iyo, ahehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahehehe... I'll get my chance... someday. Tatanda ka rin, bading, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you mare. ♥
    Sorry sa mga shortcomings ko as a friend, a BFF at that, haha! can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you too, Zee. =)
    Asus, wala lang yan no. Basta dapat makita kita pag dumating na si Zaturnnah, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course, fafly rin tayo, ang mga deboto ni Zaturnnah! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ang dami namang magagandang nangyari sayo. ;) weee! :) next year, mas marami pang mas bongang bongang dadating sayo! :) whoohooo!!! :) stay happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe, salamat. Ikaw rin, sana marami ding magandang dumating sa iyo! =) TMJ lang yan, maganda ka pa rin, hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talaga???? 27 kana Hogi? I can't believe it! You look so young and act so groovy haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, bakit walang gusto maniwala? At least aminado ako sa age ko diba? Hahaha! Thanks for the compliment, Maryll! Tawa na, dali, hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete