Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Get-together weekend.

Saturday was a day of a bunch of reunions, right on up to Sunday morning.

I first went with Ate Shang, Kuya Butch, Tita Beng, Tita Lyn and Tita Tess to Tito Ed's place, as he nor Tita Shirley didn't get to make it to my brother's wedding. To my disappointment, their house was such a sorry sight, even with some of their family still living with them plus a maid. By past 10 in the morning, Tito Ed was still in bed, almost skin and bones, and speaking incoherently. We really couldn't understand why, considering that he never had a stroke or anything that severe. Sure, he has diabetes, but soon we had found out that there wasn't much to eat there at their home, so Ate Shang offered to buy him some food aside from the whole bunch of food we had brought over from Tita Lyn's. Another problem of the household, it seemed, was that Tito Ed and Tita Shirley weren't very well taken care of. And hello, Kuya Emmon and his family live right upstairs.

It broke our hearts to find that these two were sort of abandoned and ignored. The house smelled funny, and Tito Ed hadn't even bathed. But the smile on his face when he saw all of us was precious. Too bad we couldn't stay for lunch, as we had to go to Tito Ely and Tita Zenia's, as well as to Tito Edel, Tita Beth, Tito Erning and Tita Angie. Lunch time at "Angielocks," as we called Tita Angie. Hahaha, she's known in the family for whipping up a lot of food whenever we're at their place.

After a hearty lunch, Kuya Richie brought out the drinks to the table and chairs on the lawn, and Ate Shang, Kuya Butch and I followed suit. Soon all four of us were swimming in vodka, and even when Kuya Bobot, Ate Vonic and Ate Ching (though both ladies had to leave right away) joined us, the drinks kept coming.

Kuya Butch and Ate Shang were already pretty wasted by the time we had to leave, which was when Tita Lyn was already kind of annoyed with them for delaying our time of departure.

Flew to ATC, where I was supposed to meet up with the Hogi Hall for our Tagaytay get-together, which is actually a triple-celebration for Rosa, Josh and Seph's birthdays. I was over an hour late because of the delayed departure from my uncles' place, rawr. Everyone had already gone ahead, and the only ones left waiting for me were Tad, Seph and Josh. Off to Tagaytay, with a stopover at McDo along the SLEX, because I was already starving, ahehehe.

Finally, we're in Tagaytay. The venue we got was the place next to the bed and breakfast we had stayed at before, and we had gotten two rooms and a huge terrace because our crowd was pretty big this time. There were so many drinks, chips, and a grill where we could cook the liempo and hotdogs, yay. Chika and drinks galore, and of course, there was the Bacardi 151 for a complete celebration, as Josh kept passing it out to everyone. Ahehehe, I guess he and Seph were so glad to finally get to drink with Tad, who's also a big fan of hard drinks. Photos galore as well, as I kept seeing flashes from different cameras the entire time. And yes, body shots! Woohoo! Plus Seph and Tad as dancers for Joy's bachelorette party, hahahaha!

Well, you wouldn't be surprised to find out who was the first man down and the last man standing. I had settled in one of the rooms with Rosa, Iam, Tad, PJ and Aris at around past 4 in the morning. A few minutes after we were all on the beds, next me, our party girl Rosa had quite the headache and just tried to sleep sitting up. Of course, Iam and I had to convince her to go to the bathroom to relieve herself. On my other side, Tad was also wasn't feeling that good. Yikes. Iam, who gets queasy when she just hears someone throw up, flew to her side of the room while I had to stay with these two, hahaha. She then dubbed me "the caregiver," AHAHAHAHA! Labo. I get queasy myself, but as long as I don't smell anything and don't breathe through my nose, I'd be fine.

My goodness, when I woke up a couple of hours later, I found out that Seph, Josh, Joy and Hofi were still up. Survivors, hahaha. We had to wake Rosa by around 8am, because she still had to go to work in the afternoon, so by the time she woke up, I left with her, Aris, Iam and Tad.

All in all, Tagaytay was a blast. Can't wait for the next one, where Ge and Aris will have a showdown, hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment