Saturday, December 13, 2008

PA duties at the pre-nup pictorial.

Haha, I really wanted to watch the pictorials, so Kuya and Ate Maui let me tag along to Tagaytay. They decided they needed a personal assistant anyway, hahaha. I'm pretty cheap as they come when it comes to family; all they need to provide is the food and I'm happy, hahaha.

It was also the same day for the trial hair and makeup with Gela Laurel, so we first had to go to the House of Laurel in the morning. First met Lee (was that his name?), the hairdresser, who was immediately briefed on how Ate Maui wants her hair to look like. Gela arrived a few minutes after we did, and all 3 of them talked about hair coloring for the wedding to make the hairstyle's details stand out. By the time Ate Maui had sat in the makeup chair in front of Gela, my brother got bored and was typing away on the laptop (thank goodness they have free wi-fi access). I, on the other hand, was amazed at how quick and Gela made it look. I wish I had talent like hers. Heck, I don't even know how to put makeup on myself. Thank goodness she and Lee will be there for us next Tuesday. She even produced a small retouch kit for Ate Maui for the pictorials.

Off to Tagaytay. To our dismay, it started drizzling, so we were praying that it would blow over by the time we arrived in Tagaytay. It was a pretty long drive, and we were starving by the time we had arrived, so we had a quick lunch at Pancake House before we had to meet with Angelbar, the photographers, at Nurture Spa, where the pictorial will be. We arrived at Nurture Spa a few minutes past one, and had a bit of time to settle in the room right after we had checked in. Too bad Ate Maui's curls had become flat, so she had to fix it in a more casual way before Angelbar's crew (Erwin and Bea) and knocked on our door.

It was still raining! Well, not really that hard, but it still is raining, hahaha. So the grass was so wet that even I slipped a couple of times (without falling, thank goodness) off the paths' stepping stones during the entire photo shoot, which took about 4 hours, and 3 changes of clothes for the couple. We were so glad that the rain had finally stopped, but unfortunately the sun was already beginning to set by then.

Kuya and Ate Maui had a massage scheduled at 7pm, but because everyone was tired and hungry, including me (heck, I was a gofer and also took photos the whole time), so they rescheduled it for the next morning. Anyway, so the 3 of us had dinner at the in-house restaurant. Hehehe, the spa reservation, which also included 3 meals (dinner, breakfast and lunch), was only meant for the couple, so they put in extra orders for me. Ate Maui and I had both ordered chicken dishes, but to our disappointment, it hardly had any taste in it. We should've gotten one of the pasta dishes, which Kuya had.

Retired back to the room right after dinner, and after baths (thanks to the muddy grass and rain), we were all conked out on the beds. Love love love the super soft sheets and mattress. Even though I'd die of boredom because of no internet access and super quietness of the place, I love the comfy bed.

I woke up the next morning to my brother pummeling me with pillows, telling me to get a move on so we can have breakfast before their massage. Yum, blueberry pancakes with matching blueberry syrup. I should've asked if I could purchase a bottle of that yummy syrup, hahaha. It sure was in good competition with the maple syrup that Ate Maui had brought from Nova Scotia. Killed more time in the room, reading (for Ate Maui and me) and listening to podcasts (for Kuya) before the therapist picked up the couple for their massages.

While Kuya and Ate Maui had their 2-hour long massages, I spent the time straightening up the room, showering and catching a few winks on that wonderful bed, hahaha. When they arrived, we finally packed all their clothes, accessories, and loaded them into the car before we had lunch. Learning from our menu mistakes, all three of us ordered pasta, hahaha. And of course, humirit pa ako ng strawberry shake, which in turn, made Kuya say, "Aba, nilulubos mo talaga ito, ha." But of course, brother dear, hahaha. After making me walk back and forth several times the day before, dapat lang! Hehehe.

I conked out again in the car during the first half of the ride back home. Ahehe, I think I even caught myself snoring because my head was in an awkward position and gave me a difficult time to breathe. Yes, I snore when I can't breathe, but that hardly happens anymore. Right.

By the way, this was an interesting phrase I saw in the bathroom next to Nurture Spa's reception area.

"Silence is speech."

I like that. Reminded me of what Sir Dennis had said last summer, which was to not be afraid of the silence in a scene.

Anyway, photos to follow another time. They're mostly just outtakes of the pictorial anyway.

Off to watch METTA's Broadway 2 show tomorrow afternoon. Break a leg, Tad! =)

2 comments:

  1. We should totally take a roadtrip to Tagaytay. You, me and Maix. :))

    ReplyDelete