Thursday, September 16, 2010

Update: Meeting baby Evan.

I remember getting a text from Carms before that she was planning to give birth to baby Evan Reese on Jay's birthday, which was this past Monday. I was so excited about this, and really wanted to visit on that actual day, but considering it was double celebration for them, I decided not to yet so they can just celebrate with family.

I decided to visit the following day (Tuesday) instead. After attending a press conference of The Wedding Singer, I had to lug a big neon pink paper bag out of The Loft (which contained freebies from sponsors), and as I was walking to the mall, the paper bag totally ripped from the handle. I ended up going inside Power Plant Mall to buy not one, but two paper bags, because I also brought with me the baby bonnet that I crocheted for baby Evan. I wasn't a big fan of taking taxi cabs, but because I had no idea how to get from Rockwell to St. Luke's in Global City, I had no choice.

I easily found the room Carms was staying at, as I had already texted Jay the day before. There was Carms on the bed, Jay standing beside her, eating her food, plus some of Jay's family (Ate Alice and their mom were the ones I remember). I immediately gave the baby bonnet to Carms, who in turn showed it to everyone in the room. Ahehe, I suddenly became shy when Carms said that I made the bonnet myself, and then proceeded to offer me food, and once again telling everyone that when it comes to food, they don't have to bother asking me if I want to eat, because I will. Hahahaha! I love this couple.

Tita Anna arrived shortly after I did, and she even flipped through one of the laptops on the side table to show photos of the birth. Oh my, that baby is just too adorable for words. Unfortunately, Evan is in the ICU because he needs to take antibiotics, and has to stay an extra few days in the hospital. I sure hope he gets better soon.

Spent most of the time sitting next to the bed, and just chit-chatting, mostly with Carms and Jay. Man, I missed them a lot, and to think that the last time I saw them was when Opa and I went to Sarah's briefly.

I was also texting Tin, as I told her that I was visiting Carms that day, and she decided to drop by as well, because she was already in the area anyway. When Carms had to go downstairs for breast feeding, I went to the lobby to meet with Tin so we could go to the NICU together. We spent some time looking at the lone cute baby inside the nursery, with the proud parents there as well. Hahaha, Tin and I had awkward moments just sitting there in front of the window, because the sink is directly underneath the window, ahahaha.

After a while, Tin and I said goodbye to the new parents and went downstairs and had a light dinner at Mary Grace, then bought dessert at DQ for the 2 of us plus one for Denesse. We then walked to Every Nation (because we didn't want to wait for buses to come) and hung out with Denesse in her office until I had to go.

Too bad I didn't get to see Evan that closely. I can't wait for when he comes home with his parents, so I'll have one more excuse to visit Badjao. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment