Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Curtains: Xanadu (for now).

Xanadu had finally closed last Sunday night, so I'm glad to have weekends to myself again.

I remember that Saturday was pretty crazy for me because I could feel my body crashing the whole day. I was practically ready to just lie on the floor in between shows because of hunger and lack of sleep, despite the fact that I did eat lunch prior to the matinee show. Then during the evening show, I volunteered to be doorman because of a migraine that started bugging me. By the time I was on my way home, I could feel a slight fever. But thank goodness it was only for the night, as I immediately downed some medicine and got some rest.

The closing night show was super fun. We made sure the house was packed and the people really did have a blast. We distributed glow sticks once again to everyone in the orchestra, so it was a big party once again by the time the cast started singing "Xanadu." It was great seeing a great crowd filled with friends. Rayna, Jay, Riki and Lao even made it, plus Nicco, Je, Nar (plus 2 friends) managed to make it to the onstage seats in time.

Rode with Nicco to the venue of the cast party, and after dropping off Je and Nar and company in Greenbelt, we parked near Shang Grand and decided to wait for Bea and Gabs because Nicco was too shy to go to the party, ahahaha. We ended up just sitting in the car just talking, until he got a text that he had to leave and take care of something, so I ended up going up alone, ahahaha. I just managed to grab food and dessert and chitchat before I finally decided to go home and get some more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment